Solucious Gaul (Deceased)
Black & Tan
The Angels Eradicant are one of the Loyalist Space Marine Chapters founded as part of the Astartes Praeses -- one of the 20 Chapters of Astartes mentioned in the ancient tome known as the Mythos Angelica Mortis that was created to defend the regions surrounding the Eye of Terror in the Segmentum Obscurus from the Forces of Chaos. The Angels Eradicant are of an unknown Founding and origin.
More than half of the Chapter's fighting force was killed during the Slaughter at Salandraxis, including its Chapter Master Solucious Gaul and most of the Chapter's veterans. It is unknown whether the Chapter was wiped out, or if there are other Chapter's companies who were not present on Salandraxis during the fighting.
- Cholercaust Blood Crusade (Unknown Date.M41) - Stationed alongside the 2nd Company of the Novamarines Chapter at Belis Quora, the Angels Eradicant helped form a defensive line at Port Kreel to help stem the tide against the Cholercaust Blood Crusade. This large Khornate warhost followed the path of the Keeler Comet, an ancient blood-red comet whose strange route out of the Eye of Terror the Cholercaust believed embodied the will of their Chaos God Khorne, leading them across the stars in a celebration of slaughter.
- The Revenant Rex (Unknown Date.M41) - Most recently, the Angels Eradicant faced the threat of an Ork infested Space Hulk at Theta Reticuli. This infamous Hulk was known as the Revenant Rex. The Chapter sustained a high number of casualties during the engagement.
- The Escort of the Living Saint (Unknown Date.M41) -
- The Slaughter at Salandraxis (Unknown Date.M41) -
Notable Angels EradicantEdit
- Solucious Gaul (Deceased) - Solucious Gaul was the Chapter Master of the Angels Eradicant. The Chapter Master was successful at escorting Lozepath, the Living Saint, back to his homeworld of Salandraxis. Though he had lost three of his Cruisers, including his three of his captains who were leading those Cruisers against the World Eaters' Warband led by Khârn the Betrayer. Even the combinig strength of the remaining Angels Eradicant Chapter, the Order of Sisters of Battle and the local Imperial Guard regiment who were all stationed on Salandraxis were not enough to stop the onslaught that the World Eaters and the Black Legion's Hounds of Abaddon had brought upon them. Solucious Gaul was killed while being overwhelmed by the sheer number of bloodthirsty Khornate Berzerkers of the Black Legion
- Venerable Paderi Tentera (Deceased) - Paderi Tentera was a Chaplain Venerable Dreadnought of the Angels Eradicant. Both before and after his holy internment, he had fought beside his Chapter Master Solucious Gaul. Tentera was an old and wise Chaplain whose wisdom was even sought by the Chapter Master himself and was one of his closest advisors. Tentera was slaughtered in a fight during the Slaughter at Salandraxis by the Chosen of Khorne, Khârn the Betrayer. Who took Tentera's head as his trophy.
- Maedinar (Deceased) - Maedinar was a Captain of the Angels Eradicant 1st Company. It is presumed that he had fallen during the Slaughter at Salandraxis.
- Tercada (Deceased) - Tercada was a Captain of the Angels Eradicant 2nd Company. It is presumed that he had fallen during the Slaughter at Salandraxis.
- Light of the Emperor (Battlecruiser, Unknown Class) - Flagship of the Angels Eradicant.
The Angels Eradicant primarily wear tan coloured Power Armour, with black colouration on the shoulder guards and arms, as well as the power backpack. The tan coloured squad specialty symbol (Tactical, Assault, Devastator, or Veteran) is indicated on the right shoulder guard. A black coloured Roman numeral centered in the middle of the squad specialty symbol indicates squad number. The colour of the Aquila or Imperialis on the chest indicates company number in accordance with Codex-approved heraldry -- i.e. White (1st Company), Yellow (2nd Company), Red (3rd Company) etc.
The Angels Eradicant's Chapter badge is a tan coloured lightning bolt centered between a pair of wings that are displayed and elevated on a field of black.
- Adeptus Astartes: Successor Chapters (Limited Release Booklet)
- Hammer & Bolter 3, "The Long Games at Carcharias" by Rob Sanders
- Architect of Fate (Anthology) by Sarah Cawkwell, Ben Counter, Darius Hinks, and John French
- Abaddon Denied (Short Story) by Chris Dows
- Disciples of Khârn (Short Story) by Chris Dows
- The Skulls of Salandraxis (Short Story) by Chris Dows
- Court of Daemons (Short Story) by Chris Dows
- Legion of the Damned (Novel) by Rob Sanders