|Angels of Fire|
Over 700 Battle-Brothers
Unknown, possibly Commander Amaras
Red with Orange flame decorations
The Angels of Fire are a Loyalist Space Marine Chapter of unknown origin founded during the 36th Millennium. It is unknown who their Primarch is or where their homeworld is located. It is possible that their gene-seed originated with the Ultramarines, the Dark Angels, the Blood Angels, or even the Salamanders. The Angels of Fire are a young but powerful Space Marine Chapter, and are willing to prove themselves in battle against the enemies of the Emperor.
- Third War for Armageddon (998.M41) - The Angels of Fire committed seven companies of Space Marines to the Third War for Armageddon to stop the predations of the infamous Ork Warlord Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka, who led the largest Ork WAAAGH! ever seen in the Imperium's history. The Chapter fought alongside their Space Marine Battle-Brothers from the Black Templars, the Salamanders, Angels Porphyr, Flesh Tearers, Storm Giants and the Angels of Redemption Chapters.
Notable Angels of Fire
- Captain Amaras - Captain Amaras was the commander of the Angels of Fire contingent which took part in the Third War for Armageddon. During the early stages of the campaign he found himself at odds with both Commissar Sebastian Yarrick and Chaplain Merek Grimaldus of the Black Templars. Due to the lack of information concerning the Chapter's ranking structure, it is unknown what level of authority he holds as a captain. Some Imperial observers have stated that Amaras might even hold the esteemed position and authority of Chapter Master of the Angels of Fire. His status and actions following the Imperial victory on Armageddon are unknown.
The Angels of Fire wear red Power Armor, decorated with stylised orange flames. The Imperial Aquila or Imperialis on the chest is gold. The yellow coloured squad specialty symbol (Tactical, Assault, Devastator, or Veteran) is indicated on the right knee pad. A black coloured Roman numeral centered in the middle of the squad specialty symbol indicates squad number. The colour of the left shoulder guard indicates company number in accordance with the Codex -- i.e. White (1st Company), Yellow (2nd Company), Red (3rd Company) ect.
The Angels of Fire's Chapter badge is a black ball of flame flanked by two orange black wings. This is centered on a field of golden orange.
- Adeptus Astartes: Successor Chapters (Limited Release Booklet)
- Codex: Armageddon (3rd Edition)
- White Dwarf 248, (UK) "Index Astartes: Emperor's Shield," pg. 76
- Helsreach (Novel) by Aaron Dembski-Bowden, pp. 37-43