Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Arc Weapons are a type of weapon utilised by the armed forces of the Adeptus Mechanicus. They are powered by bulky perma-capacitors shipped from Mars' great repositorum; some of these zinc-plated blocks store energy from days when the Imperium was young. Arc Weapons discharge energy with a loud crack, firing blots of blue-white electricity that can fry a man's brain or overload a war machine's data-cortex in a second.
Known Arc WeaponsEdit
- Arc Claw - Arc Claws are part of the standard armament of Cult Mechanicus' Kataphron Breachers. During the Cyberghoul Wars, the burrowing Daemon Engines of Warpsmith Votogr Bolga were met talon to talon by Forge World Metalica's Servitor defenders. It was the invention of the Arc Claw that turned the tide -- a potent delivery system for the most sophisticated scrambler technology that the Adeptus Mechanicus could devise.
- Arc Maul - An Arc Maul is, at first glance, a bludgeoning weapon designed to crush and pulp its targets. However, when activated, it becomes a rod of lightning like unto those wielded by the gods of old Earth. Those struck by an Arc Maul often convulse themselves to death as the riotous energies playing across them take their toll. Only Skitarii Vanguard and Ranger Alphas bear the right to wield Arc Mauls in battle.
- Arc Pistol - A small pistol based on Arc technology and most commonly used by Skitarii Vanguard/Ranger Alphas.
- Arc Rifle - A rapid firing Arc Weapon used as a special weapon in Skitarii Vanguard and Ranger squads.
- Heavy Arc Rifle - A heavy Arc Weapon designed to slay the Daemon machines of the Dark Mechanicum, Heavy Arc Rifles send out shallow parabolas of crackling energy that revolve around each other, forming triple helixes as they blast forth. Should these ground upon a metallic target, they will swiftly overload its circuits and banish its animating spirit to the ether. Heavy Arc Rifles are part of the standard armament of Cult Mechanicus' Kataphron Breachers.
- Codex: Cult Mechanicus (7th Edition) (Digital Edition), pp. 138, 141
- Codex: Skitarii (7th Edition), pp. 72, 75