Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Pale, flesh-like colour with green and brown oil oozing from the joints
- "Call with all your soul, little one. Call and we shall answer."
- — Anonymous Cleaved Chaos Space Marine
The Cleaved are a warband of Chaos Space Marines of unknown origin and allegiance. These mysterious warriors first appeared during the insurrection on the world of Magma Codelian. The Loyalist Imperial Guardsmen of the 334th Iridian Regiment had pushed their way into the rebellious Planetary Governor's palace after a sustained bombardment. The regiment's Primaris Psykers realised too late that the architecture of the Governor's keep was actually a gigantic summoning circle. Amongst the choking fumes, the insurrectionists conjured reinforcements; not Daemons, but Chaos Space Marines with strange, oil-like blood oozing from the joints in their armour. Though the new arrivals were massively outnumbered, the Power Armoured warriors exhibited an incredibly high pain threshold, fighting on through mortal wounds to eventually repel the Iridians' attack and secure the planet for the insurrectionists.
- Cholercaust Blood Crusade (Unknown Date.M41)- The Cleaved joined the massive Khornate force known as the Cholercaust which followed the path of the Keeler Comet and brought war and ruin to the worlds in its path. The Cholercaust Blood Crusade was finally stopped by a small coalition of Imperial forces on the Cemetery World of Certus-Minor. The Cleaved and other Traitor Marines took to the field under the command of Lord Umbragg of the World Eaters and participated in the final attack on Obsequa City. The Cholercauset suffered a total defeat and all in its ranks were slain, including the Thunder Barons. It is unknown if the entire warband took part in the Blood Crusade, and whether or not Cleaved remnants still exist elsewhere.
The Cleaved wear pale flesh-coloured Power Armour that seems to have a strange, oil-like bloody substance constantly oozing from the joints of the armour. What remains of the Chaos Space Marines within their sealed armour, or how they have been mutated to release such a discharge, none can say.
- Codex: Chaos Space Marines (6th Edition), pg. 16
- Codex: Chaos Space Marines (4th Edition), pg. 68
- White Dwarf Issue 333 (UK) "Battle Report - The Karis Cephalon Incursion," pp. 49, 51
- The Legion of the Damned by Rob Sanders