A Daemonhammer is a type of large, two-handed Imperial warhammer crafted from rare ores and composite materials from humanity's ancient and more technologically advanced past. The shaft of a Daemonhammer is covered in hexagrammic sigils and seals of warding, while its head is emblazoned with the burning sigil of the Inquisition, from which emanates a crackling power field. Daemonhammers are extremely rare in the Imperium, and their use is granted only to the most trusted and respected Inquisitors of the Ordo Malleus, the Astartes of the Grey Knights, and sometimes to various Chapters of the Adeptus Astartes who have defeated a particularly potent Greater Daemon in combat.
- Nemesis Daemon Hammer - Developed by the Ordo Malleus as the final word in daemonic destruction, the Nemesis Daemon Hammer combines the crushing impact of a more traditional Thunder Hammer with the psychic power of destruction. Few can survive the impact of a Nemesis Daemon Hammer wielded by a psyker in service to the Emperor. Nemesis Daemon Hammers are extraordinarily rare in the Imperium, and they are usually only found in the hands of Ordo Malleus Inquisitors and the Space Marines of the Grey Knights Chapter.
Notable Daemonhammers Edit
- God-Splitter - God-Splitter is a relic Daemonhammer wielded by Chapter Master Gabriel Angelos of the Blood Ravens Chapter which was gifted to him by Inquisitor Mordecai Toth during the Tartarus campaign to combat the Daemon that inhabited the Chaotic relic known as the Maledictum. It is said to contain a recovered fragment of the Wailing Doom, the formidable weapon used by the Eldar Craftworld Biel-Tan's Avatar of Khaine after its own battle with the Maledictum's daemon in the 38th Millennium.
- Codex: Grey Knights (7th Edition), pp. 199-200, 212
- Codex: Grey Knights (5th Edition), pp. 54, 59
- Dark Heresy: Ascension (RPG), pg. 141
- Dark Heresy: Daemon Hunter (RPG), pp. 70, 131