None; the Dark Hunters fight in total silence
Unknown (37th Millennium)
Dark Blue and White
The Dark Hunters were created during the 37th Millennium. Founded during the dark days of the Occlusiad War (555-565.M37), the Chapter was created to combat the heretical Tech-priests of the Adeptus Mechanicus known as the Apostles of the Blind King, who made war upon the Imperium. The Dark Hunters have a reputation for being particularly grim and resolute warriors. They are one of the seven Space Marine Chapters of the Imperium of Man charged with hunting down and eliminating the Renegade Chaos Space Marines warband known as the Punishers.
- Shadow Mantle - The Shadow Mantle is a specially crafted form of Astartes Scout Armour with an integrated bodyglove that provides additional protection. The armour has an inbuilt Hunter-Killer Auspex, which can be used as if it were a weapon's sight. Although the Codex Astartes recommends that Scout Armour be restricted to a Chapter’s Neophytes and their Sergeants in the 10th Company, even the most fervent adherents to Roboute Guilliman’s doctrine grudgingly admit there is merit to equipping more experienced warriors with lighter armour after seeing the Shadow Mantle in action. Its cameleoline-bonded plating renders the wielder nearly invisible, and the inbuilt Hunter-Killer Auspex has claimed the lives of hundreds of Chaos Space Marines by pinpointing the weak points in older, warped or ill-maintained Power Armour.
The Dark Hunters' Chapter badge is a white, double-bladed battleaxe.
- Codex: Space Marines (5th Edition), pp. 26, 30
- Deathwatch - Honour the Chapter (RPG), p. 133
- How to Paint Space Marines
- Legends of the Space Marines (Anthology), "The Last Detail" by Paul Kearney