A Data-slate is an electronic digital storage device similar to a tablet computer that is commonplace throughout the Imperium of Man as the primary means of storing and reading printed text, schematics, and other media such as video and audio recordings. Flat and rectangular, Data-slates are widespread throughout Imperial space. Cheap versions are easier to make and can only hold a single file in memory and cannot be altered, while superior slates can be reconfigured with different information from manual input or machine transmission and even transmit and receive data from other devices. Since they are seen throughout the Imperium, most authorities would never think to closely examine what information was actually on a slate carried by a "loyal" citizen going about their daily business.
- Black Crusade: Core Rulebook (RPG), pg. 184
- Dark Heresy: Beta Core Rulebook (2nd Edition) (RPG), pg. 158
- Dark Heresy: Core Rulebook (RPG), pg. 150
- Deathwatch: Core Rulebook (RPG), pg. 174
- Rogue Trader: Core Rulebook (RPG), pg. 144