A Doom Siren is a close combat Sonic Weapon that is used by Noise Marines, along with vehicles and Daemon Engines that are dedicated to the service of Slaanesh, the Chaos God of pleasure and excess. The Doom Siren is fitted to the Chaos Space Marine's Power Armour with a complex arrangement of pipes and tubes around their helmets which can project short-ranged sonic attacks. These assaults are launched against opponents as they close with the Noise Marine during melee combat, and are usually powerful enough to kill or at least temporarily stun their target, allowing the attacker to quickly finish the foe off while they are stunned.
The first known instance of the Doom Siren's use occurred during the early years of the Horus Heresy in the early 31st Millennium, when Space Marines of the Emperor's Children Legion began having their armour modified to carry Sonic Weapons. The first Doom Sirens were more than likely built by or for Emperor's Children Astartes who wanted to emulate the biological sonic abilities gifted to several of their commanding officers by the corrupted Apothecary Fabius Bile. Doom Sirens are also used by Chaos Sonic Dreadnoughts, and are built into the walker's face plate. These infernal devices are also used by Slaanesh Subjugator Daemon Engines during close combat.
- Codex: Chaos Space Marines (3rd Edition, 1st Codex), pp. 17, 29
- Codex: Chaos Space Marines (3rd Edition, 2nd Codex), pp. 14, 29, 56
- Codex: Chaos Space Marines (4th Edition), pp. 39, 91, 97
- Codex: Chaos Space Marines (6th Edition), pp. 47, 62, 65, 93, 99
- Imperial Armour Apocalypse II, pg. 76
- Fulgrim (Novel), by Graham McNeill
- Chaos Sonic Dreadnought - Forge World
- Slaanesh Subjugator - Gamesworkship