Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"Bringers of War!"
Dark Drab Olive-Green
- "That which serves the glory of the God-Emperor is just and will endure. That which harms the Imperium built by His children is false and shall be purged by flame and sword. With burning hearts and cool heads, we shall overcome that which has offended the Emperor's will. Our victory is ordained. Our victory is ensured by our faith in the Emperor."
- — Chaplain Valac, Warbringers Chapter
The Emperor's Warbringers are a Codex Astartes-compliant Loyalist Chapter of Space Marines of an unknown Founding who are a Successor Chapter of the Imperial Fists. The Chapter sometimes makes use of camouflage on their vehicles and their armour and possesses a reputation as especially brutal combatants against the foes of the Emperor.
Virtually nothing is known of the Emperor's Warbringers' history in Imperial records except that they are a Successor Chapter of the Imperial Fists. Their exact Founding date is unknown.
- The Relic of Vulscus (Unknown Date.M41) - An artefact from the Great Crusade, a Bolt Pistol used by the Primarch Roboute Guilliman himself, was unearthed on the planet Vulscus when labourers were laying the foundation for a new Promethium refinery. In ages past, the Primarch had led his Legion in the final battle against the heretical Baron Unfirth during the Great Crusade, ending generations of tyranny and bringing Vulscus into the light of the Imperium. However, the relic's provenance could not be certified and so the Inquisition sent the Emperor's Warbringers's 5th Company and elements from the elite 1st Company to retrieve it. When the Warbringers finally achieved their objective and acquired the relic, Chaplain Valac discovered beneath the millennia of corrosion and decay on the Bolt Pistol the symbol of an eye engraved into the grip of the gun -- the Eye of Horus! The Bolt Pistol was not a relic of the Imperium, but an abomination! Roboute Guilliman had indeed been on Vulscus, but it had not been the Ultramarines or their Primarch who had brought the planet into the Imperium, despite the official version preached by the Ecclesiarchy and taught in sanctioned histories of the world. The real liberators had been the XVIth Legion, the Luna Wolves. If any Primarch had left a relic upon a Vulscun battlefield, it had been left by the Warmaster Horus, the Arch-Traitor himself. The Warbringers intended to destroy the vile relic, for it was not holy, but tainted by its association with Horus, a thing of heresy and evil, corrupting to the innocent by being mistaken for something holy. The Inquisitor that accompanied the Warbringers protested this action since there was no indication that the Bolt Pistol itself was in any way tainted by Chaos other than by association, but their captain gave the Inquisitor two choices: either return to Titan as a hero who had brought about the destruction of an unholy Chaotic artefact, or be denounced as a Horusian Radical and perish alongside the relic. The Inquisitor knew he would be slain if he broke faith with the Warbringers, and so, reluctantly, he relented and let the Astartes obliterate the relic.
- Raynald Hoare - Chapter Master of the Emperor's Warbringers.
- Captain Phazas - Commander of the 5th Company who led the Warbringers mission to Vulscus to determine the provenance of a recently rediscovered relic of the Great Crusade.
- Chaplain Valac - Chaplain of the 5th Company.
- Brother Boethius - A Veteran Battle-Brother of the elite 1st Company.
- Brother Domitian - A Devastator Marine of the 5th Company.
- Brother-Sergeant Carius - Scout Sergeant of the 10th Company.
- Deathmonger (Battle Barge) - Battle Barge of the Emperor's Warbringers' 5th Company.
The Emperor's Warbringers primarily wear dark drab olive-green Power Armour. The Aquila or Imperialis on the chest guard is black in colour. Unlike other, more rigid Chapters, the Warbringers are known for not eschewing the use of camouflage for important missions as the situation and environment dictates. The black coloured squad specialty symbol -- Tactical, Devastator, Assault and Veteran -- is located on the right shoulder pad. A white coloured Roman numeral is stenciled in the centre of the squad specialty symbol, indicating squad number. The left lower greave displays a roundlet of the respective company's colour number in accordance with the Codex Astartes -- i.e. White (1st Company), Yellow (2nd Company), Red (3rd Company), Green (4th Company), etc. A black coloured Roman numeral is stenciled in the center of the roundlet, further identifying the company number an individual battle-brother belongs to.
The Emperor's Warbringers' Chapter badge is a pair of black coloured, crossed, double-edged swords, pointing downwards over a field of dark drab olive-green.
- Adeptus Astartes: Successor Chapters (Limited Release Booklet)
- Insignium Astartes: The Uniforms and Regalia of the Space Marines, pg. 54
- Imperial Armour Volume Two - Space Marines and Forces of the Inquisition, pg. 108
- Victories of the Space Marines (Anthology) edited by Christian Dunn, "Black Dawn" by C.L. Werner, pp. 89 - 126
- Angels of Death - Setting the Stage (Short Story), by C.L. Werner