Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Gorefather and Gorechild were a deadly pair of archaic Chainaxes wielded by the bloody-handed Angron, Primarch of the violent World Eaters Space Marine Legion during the Great Crusade and Horus Heresy eras in the 30th and early 31st Millennia. This deadly pair of axes were amongst the most potent weapons known amongst the relics of the Primrachs, made all the more deadly by Angron's consummate skill as a fighter. During the opening years of the Horus Heresy, when Angron's legion fought alongside Lorgar and his Word Bearers Legion during the invasion of the Ultramarines' War World of Armatura during the Shadow Crusade, Angron discarded both chainaxes after they became irrevocably damaged when he was buried beneath tonnnes of rubble from a fallen building. He utilised both his axes in order to climb out from the ground. He threw them away, ruined and never to be wielded again.
Angron's Equerry Kharn discovered and retrieved the discarded Gorechild, despite risking his Primarch's wrath. Legion tradition dictated to leave such discarded weapons alone. The Primarch maintained the superstitions of Nuceria, believing that inherited weapons brought ill luck -- a gladiatorial conceit of his homeworld. Kharn ignored his battle-brothers' protests, and for reasons he couldn't quite explain, could not bear to let such a prize go to waste, and so, he enlisted one of the most skilled artisans of the Dark Mechanicum to restore its blade assembly and razor-sharp Mica-dragon teeth. So it was that Gorechild was reborn in the hands of its new master.
Gorefather's and Gorechild's jagged whirling teeth were torn from the jaws of Mica Dragons on the Death World of Luther Mcintyre and their shafts were forged of adamantium. Even in the hands of an unskilled user (which Khârn is clearly not) Gorechild can split an armoured Space Marine from crown to crotch. In the hands of the Betrayer, it can deliver devastating blows with deadly accuracy. In all the years afterwards, Khârn would keep the chain-axe bound to his wrist with chains when the fighting was at its thickest. Upon the walls of the Imperial Palace, legends say that he slew over a million of the loyalist defenders before Gorechild fell from his grasp -- however, like so much of the mythology surrounding Khârn, this is difficult to verify in the light of cold fact.
- Codex: Chaos Space Marines (6th Edition), pg. 59
- Codex: Chaos Space Marines (4th Edition), pg. 48
- Codex: Chaos Space Marines (3rd Edition, 2nd Codex), pg. 49
- Codex: Chaos Space Marines (3rd Edition, 1st Codex), pg. 26
- The Horus Heresy - Book One: Betrayal by Alan Bligh, pg. 255
- Warlords of the Dark Millennium - Champions of Chaos (Digital Edition)
- White Dwarf 227 (US), "Chapter Approved: Chaos, Khârn the Betrayer"
- White Dwarf 201 (US), "The Betrayer"
- Butcher's Nails (Audio) by Aaron Dembski-Bowden
- Betrayer (Novel) by Aaron Dembski-Bowden
- Chosen of Khorne (Audio Drama) by Anthony Reynolds
- Khârn - Eater of Worlds (Novella) by Anthony Reynolds