The Tyranid Haruspex is a ferocious beast created to consume biomass at a sickening pace. It is possessed of a rapacious appetite, driven by the need to sate an infinite hunger. Few foes are foolish enough to stand before a feeding Haruspex, for it can devour an entire platoon of soldiers in a matter of moments, shovelling victim after victim into its craw without ever slowing down. Any morsel that proves too large to be swallowed in one gulp is seized with the Haruspex’s gargantuan claws and ripped, crushed or battered apart with negligent ease. Buildings are smashed open, battle tanks torn asunder and the unfortunate prey sheltering inside hungrily devoured. Only those that turn and flee have any hope of survival, and only then if they can avoid the Haruspex’s grasping tongue as it lashes out to grab hold of its prey and drag it, kicking and screaming, into its vast maw.
- Acid Blood - The blood spilt from certain Haruspex is so corrosive that it can eat through ceramite armour and dissolve flesh in mere moments.
- Crushing Claws - The obscene strength of these claws allows Haruspex to smash any foe.
- Grasping Tongue - Haruspex' clawed tongue grasps its chosen prey before yanking it bodily into its maw.
- Chapter Approved 2001, pg. 103
- Codex: Tyranids (7th Edition) (Digital Edition), pp. 51, 63, 64, 67
- This article is a stub. You can help the Warhammer 40k Wiki by fixing it.