Raven Guard (Allegedly)
Corvus Corax (Allegedly)
Purple and Gold
The Hawk Lords are a Codex Astartes-compliant Loyalist Chapter of Space Marines of unknown origin and Founding who may be a rare Successor Chapter of the Raven Guard, though this allegation remains unconfirmed.
The Hawk Lords played a role in defending the Imperial Fortress World of Cadia from the assault of the Forces of Chaos during the 13th Black Crusade. The Hawk Lords' Chapter homeworld is the planet called Preyspire. At present, contact with the Chapter's 7th Company has been lost not many light years from Preyspire due to a hostile engagement with unknown xenos forces.
- The 13th Black Crusade (999.M41) - The Hawk Lords committed 7 full companies against the Forces of Chaos during the 13th Black Crusade. The Hawk Lords' most important action during the Crusade came in the defence of the hive city of Kasr Elisha on Cadia. The Hawk Lords' 5th Company, under the leadership of Captain Augustus Hubertus, aided the Cadian 35th Mechanized Imperial Guard Regiment in the defence of Kasr Elisha by holding off elements of the Thousand Sons Traitor Marines in the hive's main government spire, buying the Cadians time to reposition themselves to defeat a Ravager-class Traitor Battle Titan. Unfortunately, much of the 5th Company, including Captain Hubertus, were slain when elements of the Chaos Space Marine warband called the Brotherhood of Darkness entered the hive city. The survivors were relieved by a small portion of the Imperial Fists' elite 1st Company led by Captain Darnath Lysander.
Chapter Combat DoctrineEdit
The Hawk Lords almost never use Drop Pods in their planetary assaults, preferring to make use of their Thunderhawk gunships for low-altitude insertions instead because of the greater control the use of those aircraft allows in making deployments. So skilled are they in the use of such tactics that the Astartes pilots of other Loyalist Chapters have been known to spend time as pilots in one of the Hawk Lords' Talon Wings to gain the aeronautical skills displayed by the Hawk Lords.
Notable Hawk LordsEdit
- Augustus Hubertus - Hubertus was the Captain of the Hawk Lords' 5th Company which led the defence of Kasr Elisha on Cadia during the 13th Black Crusade in 999.M41. Though Hubertus was slain during this battle, his company was successful in maintaining the Kasr's defences until they were relieved by the Imperial Fists' 1st Company.
- Hawk Wings - Hawk Wings are specialised Jump Packs used exclusively by the Hawk Lords Chapter. Though it appears to be a normal Jump Pack it also has a vast ammunition supply built into their harness that doubles as an Astartes backpack ammunition supply, increasing the clip of any requisitioned heavy weapon. The Hawk Lords Chapter has long emphasised aerial superiority and rapid deployment, and all the skill of their Artificers has been bent towards these ends for untold centuries. One of their greatest successes was the creation of a pattern of Jump Packs that could bear a Devastator Marine into battle without costing him the use of his heavier armament. The artisan responsible died after creating but a few such masterpieces, and his accomplishment has not yet been matched. Watch Fortress Erioch has come into the custody of one Hawk Wing jump pack, and it has served with distinction with the Deathwatch across the Jericho Reach.
The Hawk Lords' Power Armour is painted purple with gold shoulder plate trim and a golden Aquila. The shoulder plate trim normally bears the Astartes' company colour as prescribed by the Codex Astartes. The colour scheme of this Chapter is very similar to the scheme used by the Pre-Heresy Emperor's Children Legion.
The Hawk Lords' Chapter badge is a golden hawk on a purple background that is depicted in a similar style to the Imperial Aquila and the badge of the Raven Guard.
- Codex: Space Marines (5th Edition), pp. 26, 30-31
- Codex: Space Marines (4th Edition)
- Deathwatch - Honour the Chapter (RPG), p. 128
- Imperial Armour Volume Eight - Raid on Kastorel-Novem, pg. 104
- Insignium Astartes, p. 55