- "What is time but a foolish barrier mortals place before themselves as a shield against the unknown? What is flesh but a binding mortals wear to hold back their truest essence? I can teach you the true secrets of the Warp, little mortal. The only price is that you allow me to do so…"
- — A bound Horror of Tzeentch in service to the Nine-Eyes Cult
To describe a daemonic Horror is all but impossible, for they are pure Chaos unbound, given capering and energetic form by the will of Tzeentch. The Lesser Daemons called Horrors are often used as daemonic slaves by the Greater Daemons called Lords of Change. They do not have static material bodies, sometimes taking on a discernible form, at others blurring into a frantic mass of colour as they dash and scramble across the battlefield. Horrors can nonetheless be said to have two distinct states defined by the colour they present to the naked eye -- the Pink Horror and the Blue Horror.
Pink Horrors are identified by their luminescent pink skin and their high-pitched squeals of laughter. They whirl about in a frantic and barely controlled ecstasy, all the while giggling insanely. Flashes of energy dart from the Pink Horrors’ fingertips as they leap across the battlefield, consuming the enemy in Warp-fire. The casting of these spells fills Pink Horrors with increased joy, and they emit especially high-pitched merriment as the eldritch energy screeches from their upraised hands. When wounded, a Pink Horror exhales a final lunatic cackle before rapidly decomposing into an ectoplasmic blob of gyrating magic. With a characteristic whoop of satisfaction, this residue swiftly alters color and divides into two Blue Horrors.
Blue Horrors are diminutive replicas of their parent Daemon, though their temperament is quite different. They are sullen and malicious, like evil-tempered children, and wear perpetual scowls as they sneer and grumble their way through a battle. Once spawned, Blue Horrors swiftly rejoin their fellows, adding a deeper whining note to the incessant chortling of the group as they attempt to grapple with enemies and squeeze the life from them.
- Black Crusade: The Tome of Fate (RPG), pp. 8, 11, 15, 19-20, 103
- Dark Heresy: Daemon Hunter (RPG), pg. 96
- Codex: Chaos Daemons (6th Edition), pg. 38
- Codex: Chaos Daemons (4th Edition), pg. 35
- White Dwarf 341 (UK), "Scions of the Dark Gods - Design Notes: Daemons of Tzeentch," pg. 25
- White Dwarf 368 (UK), pg. 6
- Realm of Chaos: The Lost and the Damned (1st Edition), pg. 34
- Rogue Trader: The Navis Primer (RPG), pg. 136
- Deathwatch: Mark of the Xenos (RPG), pg. 111
- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War (PC Game)