- "In death is the Emperor's love equally shared."
- —Brother Raphel of the Hospitallers Space Marines Chapter
- "Dream the Emperor's dream, brother. No man of the Imperium need fall by the Heretic's hand. Not where there is a Hospitaller to honour his final duty."
- —Brother Raphel to Lieutenant Caleb
The Hospitallers consider it their sworn honour to tend to the Emperor's fallen, defending the wounded and, as a last resort, granting them the Emperor's Peace to save them from dying agonising deaths at the hands of the enemy.
There is one aspect of the Hospitallers that sets them apart from other Chapters, however, and that is the manner in which they honour the Emperor. While the Imperial Creed preaches that the Emperor is the one, true God of Mankind, the majority of Space Marine Chapters have their own, unique Chapter Cults, most of which regard Him as a mortal man, albeit the most potent and extraordinary ever to have lived, an individual worthy of veneration and emulation, though not worship in deference to His own wishes. Uncommonly amongst the Adeptus Astartes, the Hospitallers' Chapter Cult adheres closely to the dictates of the Imperial Creed, sharing many of its teachings and beliefs, including the divinity of the God-Emperor.
- Chapter Master Mirkal Alfaran - Mirkal Alfaran is the current Chapter Master of the Hospitallers Chapter.
- Venerable Galvarro - Galvarro is a Venerable Dreadnought who serves as seneschal to Chapter Master Mirkal Alfaran.
- Raphel - Raphel is a Battle-Brother of the Hospitallers Chapter.
The Hospitallers primarily wear white Power Armour. The Aquila or Imperialis on the chest guard and the trim on the shoulder guards are yellow. They wear silver helms with red eye lenses. This Chapter is known to incorporate personal heraldry with an unusual checkered-pattern iconography on the shoulder plates and lower right leg. The red squad specialty markings -- (Tactical, Assault, Devastator or Veteran) -- are located on the left knee guard.
The Hospitallers' Chapter badge is a red Maltese cross on a field of white, which is worn on both shoulder plates and also repeated on the right knee guard.
The Hospitallers Chapter is pictured on the inside back cover of How to Paint Space Marines. The Chapter's iconography are symbols taken from the real-world Knights Hospitaller of Malta.
- How To Paint Space Marines, "Hospitallers Space Marines", pg. 97
- White Dwarf 299 (UK), "Creating a Chapter," pg. 77
- The Voice of Mars (Novel) by David Guymer
- Angels of Death: Final Duty (Short Story) by David Guymer