It is widely believed that the Infidel-class Raider was developed from stolen plans for a larger Imperial Escort ship destined to replace the aging Cobra-class Destroyer. The Infidel is a relatively new design, combining a battery of punishing Macrocannons with a sizeable array of torpedo tubes in the prow. Fast, tough, and incredibly dangerous when formed into squadrons, Infidels quickly gained a dire reputation amongst their Imperial Navy opponents. Infidels are often used by their vile captains to perpetrate surprise assaults, leading the way with a wave of boarding torpedoes with the Chaotic ships following close behind ready to devastate any survivors with their broadsides.
Notable Infidel-class RaidersEdit
- Talon Squadron - A small band of Infidels working together in the Unbeholden Reaches of the Koronus Expanse, Talon Squadron has raided settlements and starships in this region for the last five standard decades. Most recently, Talon Squadron inflicted severe damage to the ship of Rogue Trader Jeremiah Blitz, and the impetuous young gambler has sworn his intention to turn every last Infidel he meets henceforth into scrap.
- Hull: Raider (Escort).
- Class: Infidel-class Raider.
- Dimensions Approximately 1.5 kilometres long, 0.25 kilometres abeam at fins.
- Mass: Approximately 6 megatonnes.
- Crew: Approximately 24,000 crew.
- Acceleration: 5 Gravities maximum sustainable acceleration.
- Battlefleet Gothic Rulebook (Blue Book), pg. 125
- Rogue Trader: Battlefleet Koronus (RPG), pg. 110
- Rogue Trader: Fallen Suns (RPG), pg. 71
- Ciaphas Cain: Hero of the Imperium (Omnibus) by Sandy Mitchell
- The Traitor's Hand (Novel) by Sandy Mitchell
- The Gildar Rift (Novel) by Sarah Cawkwell