The Iron Fists is a Loyalist Chapter of Space Marines and a Successor Chapter of the Iron Hands. The Iron Fists make use of Land-Behemoths, massive mobile fortresses, to travel across the surface of their homeworld much like their parent Chapter. Little else is known about this Chapter in Imperial records.
- Assault on Hive Vortis (Unknown Date) - It was the Iron Fists who first developed the extended range variant of missile for the Whirlwind. The Techmarines of the Iron Fists Chapter developed this missile to turn the short-ranged support of the Whirlwind into long-range bombardment artillery during the Assault on Hive Vortis. It was not regarded as a success, but several other Chapters have since attempted to emulate the Iron Fists. The necessary increase in fuel, and the size of the missile's rocket engine, resulted in a reduction in the amount of high explosive carried in the warhead, and a reduction in the size of the resulting explosion. The loss of destructive power meant that the long-ranged missiles failed to cause sufficient damage to be effective in the bombardment role.
The Iron Fists revere Ferrus Manus as their Primarch, and follow many of the same Chapter traditions as the Iron Hands. The Iron Fists Chapter are also known to wield Storm Shields "molded into the shape of a medieval gauntlet."
The Iron Fists primarily wear light blue-grey silver Power Armour. The Aquila or Imperialis on the chest guard, as well as the arms and gauntlets, are golden. The inset of the shoulder plates are black. The open-faced, golden squad specialty symbol -- Tactical, Assault, Devastator or Veteran -- is indicated on the right shoulder plate. A black Low Gothic numeral stenciled on the right knee guard indicates squad number.
The Iron Fists' Chapter Badge is a golden gauntlet in the shape of a clenched fist centered upon a field of light bluish-grey silver.
- Adeptus Astartes: Successor Chapters (Limited Release Booklet), pg. 59
- How to Paint Space Marines (2004), pg. 88
- Imperial Armour Volume Two - Space Marines and Forces of the Inquisition, pg. 58
- Realms of Chaos: Slaves to Darkness (1st Edition), pg. 251
- Iron Hands (Novel) by Jonathan Green, Ch. 12
- Battlefleet Gothic - To Cleanse the Stars: Vessels of the Imperium by Andy Chambers and Matt Keefe, pg. 26