Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Lascarbine is a carbine form of the standard Imperial Lasgun that is easier to carry and to aim than its larger counterpart. It will often possess a folding stock. However, as a result of these modifications, a Lascarbine has a shorter range and will fire fewer shots before depleting its power pack when compared to a standard Lasgun.
A Lascarbine is designed for use by special operations units and is usually employed by Drop Troopers or scout units of the Imperial Guard. It is light and compact, allowing it to be easily stowed away so that it does not interfere with the carrier's mobility. It has been used by the Tanith First and Only regiment, the regiments of the Elysian Drop Troops, the regiments of the Catachan Jungle Fighters and Inquisitor Gregor Eisenhorn.
Known Lascarbine PatternsEdit
- Locke Pattern Lascarbine
- Catachan Mark 4 Lascarbine - The Mark 4 Lascarbine is the standard weapon employed by the troops of the Imperial Guard's Catachan Jungle Fighters regiments.
- Mars-Tellurian Mark II-III - During the Great Crusade and Horus Heresy eras, the metric for personal arms for Imperialis Militia forces was the Mars-Tellurian Pattern Mark II-III Lascarbine. It possessed a registered mortality rate of 70% when striking an unarmoured human in the central body mass with a single strength discharge in optimum firing conditions, and mounted a rechargeable liquid metal core magazine able to fire eighty discharges before reloading was needed. Such weapons had been mass-produced in the tens of millions by centralised Forge Worlds, but even this was but a drop in the ocean to the Imperialis Militias' logistical demands, particularly as such Forge Worlds had demands of far greater importance upon their production by forces ranging from the Imperialis Armada to the Space Marine Legions.
- Minerva-Aegis Las Carbine - Popular with the more notable mercenary companies and private guild armsmen, the Minerva-Aegis is a sophisticated las carbine that unusually features a high cycle-charge chamber allowing it a rapid pulse mode comparable to fully automatic fire. Fruit of the Aegis Fragment and currently produced under title to the Takara Fane of Gunmetal, the high-grade materials needed for its construction mean its cost is significantly more than more commonplace lasguns. It is an undoubted sign of discerning professionalism in a hired scummer (or aptitude in stealing from their betters), for them to be wielding a Minerva-Aegis.
- Codex: Imperial Guard (5th Edition)
- Dark Heresy: The Inquisitor's Handbook (RPG), pg. 112
- The Horus Heresy - Book Five: Tempest by Alan Bligh, pg. 179
- Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader (1st Edition), pg. 120