- "...And the name of the Order shall be the Death Bolts, and their Forge World shall be Esteban VII. The Colours of the Death Bolts shall be red over gold. Their banner shall be quartered, gold against chequered blue and silver, bounded red. Their badge shall be a crossbow bolt ordinary, over an inverse triangle gold. The Grand Master of their founding shall be Maxen Vledig, and their motto shall be "nemo mea poena effugit" - None may escape my vengeance."
- — From the foundation charter of the Legio Honorum.
The Legio Honorum ("Death Bolts") is a Loyalist Titan Legion of the Collegia Titanica, one of the military arms of the Adeptus Mechanicus. There is very little information in Imperial records about this Titan Legion's founding, though it is believed that it was raised shortly before the establishment of the Imperium of Man, as the Legion's first Grand Master is known to have taken part in the Horus Heresy. The home of the Legio Honorum lies within the Vulcanis System upon the Forge World of Stygies VIII in the Ultima Segmentum, a large moon orbiting a massive ringed gas giant on the outer fringes of the star system.
Stygies VIII was once home to two Titan Legions, the Legios Vulcanum I and II. This was unusual, as even before the Heresy it was very rare for a Forge World to be home to more than one Titan Legion. When the Horus Heresy turned into an open rebellion, a group of Chaos Cultists seized control of the Forge World’s manufactorum facilities. A small group of Loyalists valiantly defended the planet's primary Temple of Knowledge in a prolonged siege against the predations of the Heretics and their deadly war machines.
Trapped and on their own, the Loyalists expected that death would eventually follow, but unanticipated liberation came on the thirty-first day of the siege in the form of the graceful Eldar Titans and hundreds of Jetbike-mounted warriors of the Saim-Hann Craftworld, who smashed the servants of Chaos. They had not come to help the Mon-Keigh, but to deny to the Forces of Chaos such a strategically potent manufacturing world so close to the Eye of Terror. When the Horus Heresy ended, both of the Traitor Titan Legions of Stygies VIII fled into exile within the Eye of Terror. The planet then became home to a third Titan Legion that was brought to the world, the Legio Honorum.
- Schism of Mars (ca. 005.M31) - During the opening days of the Horus Heresy when the civil war known as the Schism of Mars erupted on the Red Planet, Titans of the Death Bolts became the targets of the opening volleys of the conflict. Along the borders of the Lunae Palus and Arcadia regions, a previously heated war of words between Mechanicus factions erupted into true warfare when Princeps Ulriche of the Death Stalkers unleashed his engines upon the fortress of Maxen Vledig’s Legio Honorum. Caught by surprise, the Death Bolts lost 19 Titans in the first hour of battle, before withdrawing into the frozen wastes of the Mare Boreum and seeking refuge in the dune fields of Olympia Undae. Their calls for reinforcement went unanswered, for all of Mars tore itself apart as the cancer of civil war spread across the Forge World in a raging firestorm.
- Battle of Calth (ca. 007.M31) - Imperial records state that at least a demi-legio of the Legio Honorum was present at the great Calth Muster alongside their kin of the Legio Praesagius -- the True Messengers. Following the betrayal of the Word Bearers of the Legiones Astartes and their allies within the Collegia Titanica, most notoriously the full-strength of the much feared Legio Suturvora, the entire detachment was lost defending their allies of the Ultramarines Legion.
- 13th Black Crusade (999.M41) - The Legio Honorum was one of many Imperial Titan Legions to deploy in defence of the Cadian Gate during the final assault of Abaddon the Despoiler's 13th Black Crusade.
None listed in current Imperial records.
- Maxen Vledig - Vledig was the founding Grand Master of the Legio Honorum and was present on Mars during the opening days of the Horus Heresy when the Schism of Mars began.
- Thordun Ranxey - Legio Honorum Grand Master.
The Legio Honorum's colours are red and gold.
The Legio Honorum's badge is a crossbow bolt centered on an inverted gold triangle. The field behind it is quartered in tan and a blue and white checkered pattern. On the lower-left of the tan quartered-panel is a white skull.
In the Adeptus Titanicus: Rulebook (1st Edition), it stated that following the Horus Heresy the Death Bolts relocated themselves to the Forge World of Esteban VII. More recent canon now places the Death Bolts Titan Legion on Stygies VIII.
- Adeptus Titanicus (1st Edition), pp. 28, 42
- Codex: Titanicus (1st Edition), pg. 18
- Titan Legions (2nd Edition), pg. 18
- Imperial Armour Volume One - Imperial Guard and Imperial Navy, pg. 8
- The Horus Heresy - Book Five: Tempest (Forge World Series) by Alan Bligh
- Mechanicum (Novel) by Graham McNeill
- White Dwarf 108 (UK), " 'Eavy Metal", pg. 76