|Legio Honorum (Death Bolts)|
"Nemo mea poena effugit!" (None may escape my vengeance!)
Stygies VIII (Forge World)
Red and Gold
The Legio Honorum (Death Bolts) is a Loyalist Titan Legion of the Collegia Titanica, one of the military arms of the Adeptus Mechanicus. There is very little information in Imperial records about this Titan Legion's founding, though it is believed that it was raised shortly before the establishment of the Imperium of Man, as the Legion's first Grand Master is known to have taken part in the Horus Heresy. The home of the Legio Honorum lies within the Vulcanis System upon the Forge World of Stygies VIII in the Ultima Segmentum, a large moon orbiting a massive ringed gas giant on the outer fringes of the star system.
Stygies VIII was once home to two Titan Legions, the 1st and 2nd Legios Vulcanum. When the Horus Heresy turned into an open rebellion, a group of Chaos Cultists seized control of the Forge World’s manufactorum facilities. A small group of Loyalists valiantly defended the planet's primary Temple of Knowledge in a prolonged siege against the predations of the Heretics and their deadly war machines. Trapped and on their own, the Loyalists expected that death would eventually follow, but unanticipated liberation came on the thirty-first day of the siege in the form of the graceful Eldar Titans and hundreds of Jetbike-mounted warriors of the Saim-Hann Craftworld, who smashed the servants of Chaos. They had not come to help the Mon-Keigh, but to deny to the Forces of Chaos such a strategically potent manufacturing world so close to the Eye of Terror. When the Horus Heresy ended, both of the Traitor Titan Legions of Stygies VIII fled into exile within the Eye of Terror. The planet then became home to a third Titan Legion that was brought to the world, the Legio Honorum.
- Schism of Mars (ca. 205.M31) - During the opening days of the Horus Heresy when the civil war known as the Schism of Mars erupted on the Red Planet, Titans of the Death Bolts became the targets of the opening volleys of the conflict. Along the borders of the Lunae Palus and Arcadia regions, a previously heated war of words between Mechanicus factions erupted into true warfare when Princeps Ulriche of the Death Stalkers unleashed his engines upon the fortress of Maxen Vledig’s Legio Honorum. Caught by surprise, the Death Bolts lost 19 Titans in the first hour of battle, before withdrawing into the frozen wastes of the Mare Boreum and seeking refuge in the dune fields of Olympia Undae. Their calls for reinforcement went unanswered, for all of Mars tore itself apart as the cancer of civil war spread across the Forge World in a raging firestorm.
None listed in current Imperial records.
- Maxen Vledig - Vledig was the founding Grand Master of the Legio Honorum and was present on Mars during the opening days of the Horus Heresy when the Schism of Mars began.
- Thordun Ranxey - Legio Honorum Grand Master.
The Legio Honorum's colours are red and gold.
The Legio Honorum's badge is a crossbow bolt centered on an inverted gold triangle. The field behind it is quartered in tan and a blue and white checkered pattern. On the lower-left of the tan quartered-panel is a white skull.
- Adeptus Titanicus (1st Edition), pp, 28, 42
- Titan Legions (2nd Edition), pg. 18
- Imperial Armour Volume One, pg. 8
- Mechanicum (Novel) by Graham McNeill
- White Dwarf 108 (UK), " 'Eavy Metal", pg. 76