The Leman Russ Eradicator's main weapon, the Eradicator Nova Cannon, is a smaller version of the larger Hellhammer Cannon that is used by the Hellhammer super-heavy tank. The weapon uses a large stabiliser and suppression system that is attached to the weapon's barrel that allows it to quickly fire its high-calibre shells without causing the weapon to rip itself apart. Like all other Leman Russ variants, the Eradicator is equipped with either a hull-mounted Heavy Bolter or Lascannon. Leman Russ tanks that are a part of an unusually well-equipped armoured regiment sometimes have 2 Multi-Meltas or 2 Plasma Cannons as their sponson weapons. The tank can also be equipped with camouflage netting, extra armour plating, a Hunter-Killer Missile Launcher, improved communications equipment, a mine sweeper, a pintle-mounted Heavy Stubber or Storm Bolter, track guards, rough terrain modifications, a dozer blade, and smoke launchers.
Notable Users of the Leman Russ EradicatorEdit
- Imperial Guard - The Leman Russ Eradicator is used during dense jungle or urban combat by the Imperial Guard, and is used by many Imperial armoured regiments and companies across the Imperium.
- Planetary Defence Forces - The Leman Russ Eradicator is used by many Planetary Defence Forces stationed on Imperial worlds. These worlds are often highly urbanised, which allows the Eradicator to be most effective against invaders.
- Lost and the Damned - The Lost and the Damned is the name collectively given to the multitude of beings that have turned to Chaos over the millennia, the vast majority of whom are the ordinary mortals who fight for Chaos. They are not a single coherent force, but rather a diverse and infinite collection of warbands and hosts under the leadership of Chaos Champions. These forces take their weapons and vehicles with them, and as many of them were former members of the Imperial Guard or Planetary Defence Forces, they make use of an uncountable number of Leman Russ Eradicator tanks.
Adeptus Mechanicus Technical SpecificationsEdit
|Vehicle Name:||Leman Russ Eradicator||Main Armament:||Eradicator Nova Cannon|
|Forge World of Origin:||Many Forge Worlds||Secondary Armament:||Hull-mounted Lascannon or Heavy Bolter|
|Known Patterns:||Unknown||Traverse:||360 degrees|
|Crew:||1 Commander, 1 Driver, 1 Main Gunner, 1 Loader, 2 Remote Gunners (if sponsons are attached)||Elevation:||-8 to 22 degrees|
|Powerplant:||HL230 v12 Multi-Fuel||Main Ammunition:||Unknown|
|Weight:||60 Tonnes||Secondary Ammunition:||Unlimited or 600 Rounds|
|Height:||4.42 metres||Superstructure:||180 millimetres|
|Ground Clearance:||0.45 metres||Hull:||150 millimetres|
|Max Speed On-Road:||35 kilometres per hour||Gun Mantlet:||100 millimetres|
|Max Speed Off-Road:||21 kilometres per hour||Vehicle Designation:||Unknown|
|Transport Capacity:||N/A||Firing Ports:||N/A|
|Access Points:||Top Hatch||Turret:||200 millimetres|
- Codex: Imperial Guard (5th Edition), pg. 49
- Imperial Armour Volume One - Imperial Guard (Second Edition), pp. 18, 21, 247, 250, 254, 267
- Imperial Armour Volume Twelve - The Fall of Orpheus, pg. 203