Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Leman Russ Punisher is a variant of the Imperial Guard's primary main battle tank, the Leman Russ. The Leman Russ is named after the Primarch of the Space Wolves Space Marines Chapter, Leman Russ, and is one of the most common armoured vehicles used by the Imperium of Man. The Leman Russ Punisher variant differs from the standard pattern Leman Russ in that it is equipped with a turret-mounted Punisher Gatling Cannon as its main weapon, as opposed to the standard Battle Cannon. The Punisher Gatling Cannon is a large, multi-barrelled ballistic weapon, and is known as one of the fastest-firing slug throwers in the Imperium's arsenal. The Punisher can shred even the heaviest of infantry units with punitive ease. However, the Punisher can be outmatched by enemy tanks in a head-to-head fight, and commonly only works with other Leman Russ tank variants to make up for the loss of anti-tank firepower. The crews of Leman Russ Punishers have reputations for being very gung-ho and extremely trigger happy.
The Leman Russ Punisher is armed with a turret-mounted Punisher Gatling Cannon, a relatively new addition to the Imperium's arsenal. There are few weapons in the Imperium that are as capable of pouring as much fire into the enemy as the Punisher. The tank is an effective anti-infantry tank, especially if it is also equipped with other anti-infantry weapons, such as sponson-mounted Heavy Bolters and Heavy Flamers. Like any other Leman Russ variant, the Leman Russ Punisher can be outfitted with a hull-mounted Lascannon or Heavy Bolter. Leman Russ tanks that are a part of an unusually well-equipped armoured regiment sometimes have 2 Multi-Meltas or 2 Plasma Cannons as their sponson weapons. The tank can also be equipped with camouflage netting, extra armour plating, a Hunter-Killer Missile Launcher, improved communications equipment, a mine sweeper, a pintle-mounted Heavy Stubber or Storm Bolter, track guards, rough terrain modifications, a dozer blade, and smoke launchers.
Known Users of the Leman Russ PunisherEdit
- Imperial Guard - The Leman Russ Punisher is used many Imperial Guard armoured regiments and companies across the Imperium as a powerful anti-infantry weapon.
- Planetary Defence Forces - The Leman Russ Punisher is used by many Planetary Defence Forces stationed on Imperial worlds.
- Lost and the Damned - The Lost and the Damned is the name collectively given to the multitude of beings that have turned to Chaos over the millennia, the vast majority of whom are the ordinary mortals who fight for Chaos. They are not a single coherent force, but rather a diverse and infinite collection of warbands and hosts under the leadership of Chaos Champions. These forces take their weapons and vehicles with them, and as many of them were former members of the Imperial Guard or Planetary Defence Forces, they make use of an uncountable number of Leman Russ Punisher tanks.
Adeptus Mechanicus Technical SpecificationsEdit
|Vehicle Name:||Leman Russ Punisher||Main Armament:||Punisher Gatling Cannon|
|Forge World of Origin:||Unknown Number of Forge Worlds||Secondary Armament:||Hull-mounted Lascannon or Heavy Bolter|
|Known Patterns:||Unknown||Traverse:||360 degrees|
|Crew:||1 Commander, 1 Driver, 1 Main Gunner, 1 Loader, 2 Remote Gunners (if sponsons are attached)||Elevation:||-8 to 22 degrees|
|Powerplant:||HL230 v12 Multi-Fuel||Main Ammunition:||Unknown|
|Weight:||60 Tonnes||Secondary Ammunition:||Unlimited or 600 Rounds|
|Height:||4.42 metres||Superstructure:||180 millimetres|
|Ground Clearance:||0.45 metres||Hull:||150 millimetres|
|Max Speed On-Road:||35 kilometres per hour||Gun Mantlet:||100 millimetres|
|Max Speed Off-Road:||21 kilometres per hour||Vehicle Designation:||Unknown|
|Transport Capacity:||N/A||Firing Ports:||N/A|
|Access Points:||Top Hatch||Turret:||200 millimetres|
- Codex: Imperial Guard (5th Edition), pg. 49
- Imperial Armour Volume One - Imperial Guard (Second Edition), pp. 19, 21, 255, 267
- Imperial Armour Volume Twelve - The Fall of Orpheus, pg. 203