Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Remember proud Sanguinius, young Acolytes, when you are faced with hardship. When the armour of your faith is buckled and torn, see in your mind that magnificent hero. Think upon his deeds and be humble, for his like will never walk the galaxy again."
- — Excerpt of Chaplain Lemartes's Sermon to the Adeptus on the Cult of Sanguinius
Lemartes is a Space Marine Chaplain and the warden of the Blood Angels' infamous Death Company. Under his guidance, the Death Company has reached a new level of potency and lethality. Though Lemartes himself is afflicted by the accursed Black Rage, his formidable willpower has allowed him to remain in control of his actions, leaving him free to lead the Death Company in glorious charges that eclipse all the deeds of legend.
During the preparation to liberate the world of Hadriath XI, Chaplain Lemartes fell to the effects of the dreaded Black Rage. Unlike his fellow afflicted warriors of the Death Company, Lemartes survived the initial assault, and seemingly unstoppable, carved a bloody swathe through the Ork defenders. When the battle was finally won, only then did Lemartes finally collapse from his numerous wounds. The mortally-wounded Lemartes was brought to the field Apothecarium to await the arrival of Astorath the Grim, the Blood Angels' Redeemer of the Lost, to be granted the gift of final redemption by the blade of his Executioner's Axe.
When Astorath arrived to deliver Lemartes into death's embrace, he demanded to live, to continue to smite the Emperor's enemies as long as he still drew breath. Such a thing had never occurred. Though he still showed the signs of being in the throes of the Black Rage, his words were cogent and clear. Most members of the Death Company that survived a battle were usually so deranged that Astorath had to best them in combat before being able to take their lives. Never before had one challenged him in so lucid a fashion. Quashing all dissent, Astorath ordered the Chaplain placed in stasis and returned to Baal until the Chapter's Librarians and Sanguinary Priests could make full examination of him.
Lemartes was largely kept in the chill embrace of stasis to ensure the safety of those around him whilst the investigation took several months of scrutiny. The results reinforced Astorath's hopes that it was not a fluke; Lemartes was unquestionably in the grip of the Black Rage, yet his mind was not riven with insanity. Somehow, through some incredible act of sheer willpower, the Chaplain appeared able to hold his madness in check. Refusing to slay Lemartes, as some of the Sanguinary Priests wished, Astorath awoke the Chaplain from his enforced slumber and offered him a way in which he could continue to serve.
So did Lemartes become the Guardian of the Lost, the warden of the Death Company. He has repaid Astorath's faith a thousand times over, for the Death Company has become a formidable force never seen before under his guidance. He leads his charges to ever-greater renown, ensuring that the dread sacrifices of the warriors of the Death Company are never in vain. At the conclusion of a battle, Lemartes is once again placed in stasis, to slumber through the weeks and months until his bloody talents are required once more. For Lemartes, there is no longer any calm before the storm, for his life has become one of constant battle.
Surely the Chaplain is living on borrowed time, for even his formidable willpower cannot keep the Black Rage at bay indefinitely. Yet, for the moment at least, Lemartes' iron will continues to hold firm. For a Chapter slipping into the darkness, Lemartes stands out as a symbol of hope, for if Lemartes can continue to reason and continue to serve his Chapter within the dark insanity of the Black Rage swelling within him, perhaps others can do so as well.
- Power Armour
- Jump Pack
- Death Mask
- The Blood Crozius - This ancient master-crafted Power Weapon was wielded by the first High Chaplain of the Blood Angels. Once it was handed down from Reclusiarch to Reclusiarch, yet after the Warp-wrought death of High Chaplain Raniel the weapon was declared cursed. Now it finds battle clutched in the furious grip of Chaplain Lemartes, its tainted power no concern to a warrior who knows he is already doomed
- Bolt Pistol
- Rosarius - A Rosarius is both an ornate badge of office and a potent force-field generator that shields its bearer from harm
- Frag & Krak Grenades
- Codex: Blood Angels (7th Edition)
- Codex: Blood Angels (5th Edition), pg. 43
- Codex: Blood Angels (4th Edition), pg. 8
- Codex: Blood Angels (3rd Edition), pg. 19