Second Founding (31st Millennium)
Yellow and Black
Virtually nothing is known of the Libators' history in current Imperial databases.
- The Karthargo Crusade (914.M41 - Present) - Following the wholesale destruction of its armies during the Badab War, the Karthargo Sector was severely weakened and unable to fend off the rampaging Orks that had assaulted it. To bring stability to the region, a new Imperial Crusade was called, the Karthargo Crusade that would rage for more than a standard century. The Libators sent three of their Battle Companies to support a full-fledged Crusade of Black Templars and a single Battle Company of the Star Phantoms Chapter.
The Libators primarily wear yellow Power Armour. The Aquila or Imperialis on the chest plate, as well as the power pack and shoulder plate trim are black. The black squad specialty symbol on the right shoulder guard designates operational specialty -- Tactical, Devastator, Assault or Veteran. A white Roman numeral is stenciled in black in the centre of it, indicating squad number.
The Libators' Chapter badge is an ebon chalice centred on a field of yellow. A white Greek letter Omega is superimposed in the centre of the chalice, which is intended to display the Libators' common heritage with their Progenitors, the Ultramarines.
- Adeptus Astartes: Successor Chapters (Limited Release Booklet)
- Chapter Approved 2001 - Second Book of the Astronomican, pg. 117
- Imperial Armour Aeronautica, pg. 82
- Codex: Space Marines (6th Edition), pg. 141
- Codex: Space Marines (5th Edition), pg. 8