The Metamarines is a Loyalist Space Marine Successor Chapter of the Ultramarines created during an unknown Founding. The most renowned action of the Metamarines is their participation in the 13th Black Crusade where they aided other Imperial forces in the defence against Abaddon the Despoiler and the Forces of Chaos unleashed upon the world of Cadia and its surrounding sectors.
- The Anshur Summoning (892.M38) - A rebellion led by devotees of the heretical Charnel Cult engulfed the isolated Hive World of Anshur, until elements of the Metamarines Chapter of Space Marines were despatched at the request of the Administratum to reclaim Anshur's industrial output for the Imperium. In a meticulously planned campaign of surgical strikes and scorched earth assaults, the Metamarines decimated the cult's ranks, and in sheer desperation the cult's leaders invoked the name of dread An'ggrath, summoning forth the Daemon Lord, who annihilated every living thing on the world of Anshur in a seven-standard-year-long orgy of violence and death.
- 13th Black Crusade (999.M41) - The entire Chapter of the Metamarines participated in the defence of Cadia during the 13th Black Crusade against the Forces of Chaos.
The Metamarines primarily wear white Power Armour. Parts of their battle-plate is blue, including the power pack, shoulder plate trim, chest guard, torso and groin. The Aquila or Imperialis on the chest guard is golden yellow. The blue squad specialty symbol -- Tactical, Devastator, Assault or Veteran -- is located on the right shoulder plate. A white Roman numeral is stenciled in the centre of the squad specialty symbol, indicating squad number. The colour of the helmet stripe indicates company number in accordance with the Codex Astartes -- i.e. White (1st Company), Yellow (2nd Company), Red (3rd Company), Green (4th Company), etc.
The Metamarines' Chapter badge is a large white skull superimposed on a blue roundel, which is set within a red Iron Halo icon.
- Adeptus Astartes: Successor Chapters (Limited Release Booklet)
- Insignium Astartes, pg. 55
- Imperial Armour Volume Thirteen - War Machines of the Lost & The Damned, pg. 22