Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
An Ocean World is not an official Imperial planetological classification, but is a term in common usage among Imperial citizens for those planets whose environments are a single, globe straddling ocean across their entire surfaces, with perhaps only a few small archipelagos of islands serving as the only land masses. Since the term "Ocean World" is not an official Imperial classification of the Administratum but simply a label used to describe the planet's predominant environmental feature, most Ocean Worlds that have been settled by Mankind are officially classified as Civilised Worlds, Feral Worlds or even Death Worlds if the environmental conditions or extant marine biosphere are hostile enough to human life. Ocean Worlds often produce hardy peoples superbly adapted to combat in marine environments and so become prime recruiting grounds for the Imperial Guard when it needs regiments for amphibious or underwater operations.
Notable Ocean WorldsEdit
|Isla'su||Ultima Segmentum||Eastern Fringe||Unknown||Unknown||Unknown|
|Ithaka||Segmentum Obscurus||Reef Stars||Unknown||Ithaka System||Unknown|
|Kvariam Alpha||Segmentum Ultima||Unknown||Unknown||Unknown||Unknown|
|Pearl Moon||Segmentum Obscurus||Calixis Sector||Markayn Marches||Karrik System||3.5 million (humans and Abhumans)|
|Sapiencia||Segmentum Pacificus||Sabbat Worlds||Rimward Marginals||Sapiencia||10,000+ (Estimated)|
|Spectoris||Segmentum Obscurus||Calixis Sector||Drusus Marches||Unknown||2,000,000|
|Tyran (destroyed by Hive Fleet Behemoth in 745.M41)||Eastern Fringe (Ultima Segmentum)||Unknown||Unknown||Tyran System||N/A|
- Codex: Space Wolves (5th Edition), pg. 20
- Codex: Tau Empire (6th Edition) pg. 13
- Codex: Tyranids (5th Edition), pp. 8-9
- Codex: Ultramarines (2nd Edition), pg. 14
- Dark Heresy: Core Rulebook (RPG), pg. 326
- Inferno! 29, "Crimson Storm" by Dan Abnett
- Tactica Imperialis - A History of the Later Imperial Crusades by Dan Abnett, pg. 12
- Fulgrim (Novel) Graham McNeill
- Ghostmaker (Novel) by Dan Abnett
- The Sabbat Worlds Crusade (Background Book) by Dan Abnett
- Warhammer Monthly (Comic), "Ophidium"
- Warhammer Monthly (Comic), "Regicide"
- Brothers of the Snake (Novel) by Dan Abnett
- Dead In The Water (Audio Drama) by Sandy Mitchell
- Hunter’s Moon (Audio Drama) by Huy Haley
- Eye of Terror (Novel) by Barrington J. Bayley
- Dawn of War - Dark Crusade - Fury Island (Map) (PC Game)
|General||Dead World • Death World • Desert World • Ice World • Jungle World • Ocean World •|
|Imperium||Adeptus Astartes Homeworld • Agri-World • Cardinal World • Cemetery World • Civilised World • Feral World • Feudal World • Forbidden World • Forge World • Fortress World • Hive World • Industrial World • Knight World • Mining World • Paradise World • Penal World • Research Station • Shrine World|
|Xenos||Craftworld • Crone World • Exodite World • Maiden World • Ork World • Tau Empire • Tomb World • Xenos World|