Phosphor Weapons are an ancient and very deadly form of unique weapon utilised by the armed forces of the Adeptus Mechanicus. Though the crawling horror of Phospex weaponry is all but forgotten in the Imperium, the blinding white fire of Phosphor weaponry is still utilised by the warriors of the Skitarii Legions to mark out high priority targets amongst battlefield murk. If those struck by the burning spheres fired by these weapons are not killed by the initial trauma, they are soon felled by the light-guided volley that follows. Phosphor Weapons range from the hand-held Serpenta favoured by many Tech-Priests, to the Heavy Phosphor Blaster mounted upon Onager Dunecrawlers. The burning white spheres that shoot out from Phosphor Weapons cling tenaciously to their targets, sizzling wildly as they melt into flesh or burrow through armour and exoskeleton alike. More often than not, it is these luminagenic orbs that deal the death blow. Even if a target proves tough enough to survive the burning pain, the phosphorescent glow these spheres exude can guide an ally's volley to strike the same target.
Known Phosphor WeaponsEdit
- Phosphor Blast Pistol - A pistol form of Phosphor Weapon that can be used as a sidearm by Skitarii Ranger/Vanguard Alphas, or Sicarian Ruststalker/Infiltrator Alphas.
- Phosphor Serpenta - A medium range pistol Phosphor Weapon used by the Sydonian Dragoons for illuminating their targets.
- Phosphor Blaster - A rapid firing Phosphor Weapon that is used as a secondary weapon by Kataphron Destroyers.
- Heavy Phosphor Blaster - A large type of Phosphor Weapon that can be found utilised on Onager Dunecrawlers or Kastelan Robots.
- Codex: Cult Mechanicus (7th Edition) (Digital Edition), pp. 121, 139
- Codex: Skitarii (7th Edition), pg. 73