Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Plasma Blastgun is among the largest Plasma Cannons in existence, usually mounted on the Imperial Guard's Stormblade super-heavy tanks and on the Adeptus Mechanicus' Titans. Plasma Blastguns are enormous double-barreled plasma weapons capable of two firing modes: a "full" shot, which discharges both barrels at the same time, and a "rapid" shot, which discharges the barrels independently. A "full" shot is most effective against armoured targets, and the combined power of both plasma bolts is enough to tear apart any armour with ease. It also produces a large amount of splash damage, making it effective against infantry formations as well. The "rapid" fire mode allows for a larger volume of shots to be fired more quickly, but at a reduction in strength and area effect. Rapid fire is more effective against fast-moving vehicles and large units of infantry, as the cool-down time is lessened considerably.
- Imperial Armour - Apocalypse Second Edition, pg. 20
- Imperial Armour Volume One - Imperial Guard and Imperial Navy, pg. 99
- Imperial Armour Volume Six - The Siege of Vraks - Part Two, pp. 118-119
- The Horus Heresy Book - Three: Extermination (Imperial Armour), pg. 242
- Warhammer 40,000: Apocalypse, pp. 124-125
- Priests of Mars (Novel) by Graham McNeill
- Forge World - Titans: Mars Pattern Plasma Blastgun