Black, Light Orange and Sky Blue
The Raven's Watch is a Loyalist Space Marine Chapter of unknown Founding or origin, though they are suspected of being a rare Successor Chapter of the Raven Guard. Very little is recorded in official Imperial records about this Chapter, with the exception of its most recent defence of the beleaguered world of Kitab in 990.M41, which came under attack by Tyranids from a splinter fleet of Hive Fleet Eumenides and their clandestine participation in the Third War for Armageddon.
- Defence of Kitab (990.M41) - In 990.M41, the planet Kitab in the Keplar System came under attack by a splinter of Hive Fleet Eumenides. The Raven's Watch was first to respond to the distress calls, with the Stormtalon, the Talon of Johannes, the first craft to breach the planet's atmosphere. Having deployed the Ironclad Dreadnought Brother Crissica, the Stormtalon streaked across the desert sands towards the invasion fleet's primary synapse node. The craft's pilot was able to deploy Terminator Squad Foran and destroy the node before being forced to leave combat airspace by flocks of ravening Harpies and clusters of Mucolid Spores.
- Third War for Armageddon (999.M41) - The Scout Squad known as the Corvus Eyes under teh command of Scout Sergeant Gylain were deployed to the beleaguered world of Armageddon, though few knew they were there. Where Scouts in most Chapters are new recruits, the Corvus Eyes include several Veterans who have remained in the Scout Company where their stealth skills are a valuable asset to the Chapter. It was their mission to hunt down and slay a notorious Ork Warboss who had killed many of the Chapter's now-defunct 6th Company. They are intent on avenging their fallen brethren, no matter the cost.
Notable Raven's Watch AstartesEdit
- Scout Sergeant Gylain - Sergeant Gylain is the commander of the Raven's Watch Scout Squad known as the Corvus Eyes who were tasked with hunting down an Ork Warboss on the Hive World of Armageddon in 999.M41 during the Third War for Armageddon who was responsible for the deaths of much of the Chapter's 6th Company, which had been destroyed by the Greenskins.
The Raven's Watch primarily wear black Power Armour, with sky blue on the insets of the shoulder pauldrons and the top of the helmet. The Aquila or Imperialis on the chest guard is gold. The shoulder pauldron trim is light orange. The black, open-faced squad specialty symbol on the right shoulder pauldron (Tactical, Assault, Devastator or Veteran), indicates a Battle-Brother's squad specialty. A black Roman numeral centred within the squad specialty symbol indicates squad number. A white Low Gothic numeral on the left poleyn (knee guard) indicates Company number.
The Raven's Watch's Chapter badge is a stylised ebon-coloured raven's head, centred on a field of sky blue.
- White Dwarf Weekly 41 (08 Nov 2014), "White Dwarf's Regiments of Renown - Raven's Watch", pg. 74
- White Dwarf Weekly 37 (11 Oct 2014), "The White Dwarf Parade - Ironclad Dreadnought, Brother Crissica", pg. 78
- White Dwarf (May 2017), "Parade Ground: Shadow War Kill Teams - The Corvus Eyes," pg. 111