Red and Black
- "Let your words be the last thing they hear."
- — Chaplain Scolasti, Adeptus Astartes Red Wolves to the 10th Company before the Blooding
The Red Wolves are a Loyalist Chapter of Space Marines of unknown origin and Founding. Very little is known about the Chapter in Imperial records. The Red Wolves claim the planet of Bloodfall in the Segmentum Solar as their Chapter homeworld.
- Battle for the Cruiser Shadeblight (750.M41) - The Red Wolves denied a warband of the Night Lords Traitor Legion the prize of the daemon-possessed Cruiser Shadeblight in the Ango Sub-sector. The Red Wolves stood alone against the Chaos Space Marines, and alone they stopped the menace the Night Lords presented to the sub-sector.
- Fourth Quadrant Rebellion, Sulsalid Campaign (775-777.M41) - A full quarter of the Segmentum Solar and its outlaying systems were engulfed by a series of wars, revolts and secessionist outbreaks which set that part of the galaxy ablaze with civil strive that became known as the Fourth Quadrant Rebellion. With the civil conflicts affecting most of the systems, Renegade and xenos forces took advantage of the widespread anarchy. More than a dozen Space Marine Chapters were caught up in the fighting, either aiding one faction or another or simply defending their own territories whilst others were brought in by the Imperium to pacify the quadrant and finally put an end to the fighting. Four Astartes Chapters -- the Red Wolves, Dark Angels, the Raptors and the Skull Bearers -- were playing an important role in bringing the rebellion within the Sulsalid Sub-sector to an end.
Notable Red Wolves Edit
- Hsud - A Battle-Brother of the all but unknown Red Wolves Chapter, Brother Hsud is known only by the accounts given by Brother Pardis of the Tigers Argent, of which far more have been recorded than relate to Brothers Xaver and Armando. Brother Hsud served five vigils of the Long Watch, all but one of these in the Jericho Reach. Brother Pardis appears not to know where the remaining vigil was served, though he speculates that it was far to the galactic northwest in a region Hsud once described to him as the heart of a burning nebula. Brother Hsud was reportedly incredibly old, even for a Space Marine, though his physical condition must not have been compromised in any way, for surely Master Ho'Tsun would not have selected him for the mission to the Slinnar Drift had it been. Hsud was considered a wise counsellor, and one Ho'Tsun was willing to heed. The only time Hsud's counsel was not heeded was when he cautioned his commander about entering the effigy chamber. Needless to say, had the Master of the Vigil heeded this advice, he may not have awoken the alien defenders and would not have fallen to the mechanical monstrosity that had destroyed the Kill-team's only means of exfiltration.
The Red Wolves primarily wear red Power Armour. The inset of the shoulder guards are black. The Aquila or Imperialis on the chest guard is golden. The white squad specialty symbol -- Tactical, Devastator, Assault or Veteran -- is located on the right shoulder pad. A red Roman numeral is stenciled in the centre of the squad specialty symbol, indicating squad number. The black Roman numeral stenciled on the left knee guard indicates company number.
The Red Wolves' Chapter badge is the profile of a red snarling wolf's head (similar to that used by the Space Wolves Chapter), centred on a field of black.
- Adeptus Astartes: Successor Chapter (Limited Release Booklet)
- Codex Space Marines (5th Edition), pp. 30, 49
- Deathwatch: The Emperor's Chosen (RPG), pg. 33
- How to Paint Space Marines
- Imperial Armour Volume Nine - The Badab War: Part One, pg. 100