Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Retaliator-class Grand Cruiser, like many Chaos vessels, was originally an Imperial Navy starship, delegated to reserve and garrison fleets as newer designs took the fore. However, the Treachery of Galan in the 35th Millennium saw the Retaliators in the Galan V garrison fleet mutiny enmasse. After a two day pitched battle around Galan V's moons, the remnants of the Retaliator squadron disengaged outsystem. In the millennia since, they have plagued the Segmentum Obscurus, Segmentum Solar, and Segmentum Ultima, and served in the fleets of prominent Renegade Warmasters and Traitor Legions. In response, the Imperial Navy has discontinued the use of most of its own remaining Retaliators. The Retaliator is a dangerous starship, similar in purpose to the Imperial Exorcist-class. It combines Lances, Attack Craft launch bays, and macrobatteries to create a warship capable of dealing with a wide variety of tactical space combat roles. Only one Retaliator-class vessel is known to be operating in the Koronus Expanse, the infamous Monarch of Whispers. However, it is certainly possible other Retaliators operate amongst the distant stars.
- Hull: Grand Cruiser
- Class: Retaliator-class Chaos Grand Cruiser
- Dimensions: Approximately 6.2 kilometres long, 1.4 kilometres abeam
- Mass: Approximately 38 megatonnes
- Crew: Approximately 140,000
- Acceleration: 2.5 gravities maximum sustainable acceleration
Notable Retaliator-class VesselsEdit
- Monarch of Whispers - Originally, the Monarch of Whispers was a pre-Angevin Crusade relic captured by the Rogue Trader Buros Han. However, Buros' luck ran out in 717.M41, when his Navigator, Ember Nostromo, wrested command of the vessel and expelled him out of an airlock. The Renegade Navigator turned pirate, gathering under her sway a coterie of Warp-witches and murderers from the Saynay Clan. Over the last standard century, the Monarch of Whispers has become one of the must hunted ships in the Koronus Expanse, with an enormous bounty offered by the Navis Nobilite. Amongst Nostromo's crimes is the destruction of an Adeptus Ministorum Missionaria Galaxia outpost in the Heathen Stars -- it is said that Nostromo laughed as her ship's Lances ignited an entire continent from orbit.
- Rogue Trader: Battlefleet Koronus (RPG), pg. 106