Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Semtexian Bombadiers are regiments of the Imperial Guard raised on the vital Mining World of Semtexia. The Semtexian Bombadiers were stood up during the Third War for Armageddon, to help in the Imperial defence of the vital Hive World of Armageddon from the massive Ork WAAAGH! led by the notorious Warboss Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka.
The world of Semtexia was always considered a modest Mining World, providing meagre tithes to the Imperium. Its unique export of Kultrinium was useful to the manufacture of weapons on Armageddon, but it is only since Semtexia has started producing military units that the world has steadily increased in importance. The Semtexian Bombadiers are a relatively new series of regiments, founded in 941.M41 as a direct response to Ghazghkull's first invasion of Armageddon. This was the first full regiment that had ever been raised from the thinly populated Mining World of Semtexia and the rise of their military strength was born of desperation during the Second War for Armageddon. With regiments to raise, more miners were transported to the planet, providing an exponential increase in the population. With the greater workforce, new ore strains were quickly found that have led to more complex and powerful artillery designs and also to the production of the now legendary Semtexian Sink Mines.
With many fighting men from Armageddon's neighbouring worlds already committed to either the defence of Armageddon from this first Orkish assault, or in preparing their own star systems for possible attack, it was left to the Semtexians with their limited resources to provide an army of reinforcements. Artillery pieces were hastily manufactured from all the raw materials that could be scraped together in time from the planet's surface, with many mining and civilian vehicles cannibalised to provide the necessary components. However, the 1st Semtexians were woefully short of both men and equipment as they boarded converted merchant transports for the journey to Armageddon. They numbered barely four full batteries.
As the Ork hordes spread rapidly across Armageddon Secundus, many factories fell to their advance, including those responsible for the manufacture of artillery, thus depriving the Imperial forces of an important resource that was so desperately needed in battle. Once upon Armageddon, the Semtexian Bombadiers were immediately deployed to the front lines of battle, that had been pushed as far back as Acheron Hive by the irresistible Ork tide. Their determined actions in repelling the Orks at Acheron with massed bombardment made the Hive impossible to assault and allowed the beleaguered defenders to hold out until the Space Marines arrived upon the world, spearheaded by the Astartes of the Blood Angels Chapter. This single battle ensured that all future Imperial Guard regiments raised from Semtexia would continue in the Bombardier tradition.
The Semtexian Bombadiers are primarily composed of artillery and siege assets, untilising a variety of heavier siege vehicles and few light armoured vehicles. They are uniquely organised into batteries instead of the standard company formations of other Imperial Guard regiments. The Semtexians are known to work in close-concert with supporting regiments and to help in the construction of massive earthwork fortifications with their engineering companies. These vital fortifications stretch for many miles behind the main war zones, providing a vital network of protection for hundreds of the Semtexians' static emplaced artillery vehicles.
Regimental Combat DoctrineEdit
In battle, the Semtexians work in close concert with supporting regiments and will construct immense earthworks with their engineering companies to provide protection to the hundreds of artillery vehicles that will stretch in an imposing line for many miles behind the main war zones. There they will stay for the duration of the conflict, ready to receive fire support requests from Guard officers in combat or, alternatively, to launch a series of devastating massed bombardments upon enemy-held ground to neutralise all effective opposition before other regiments move in to crush any remaining resistance.
The Bombadiers' method of warfare means that these regiments are extremely vulnerable against a mobile enemy or an army that is capable of launching lightning fast strikes that penetrate defensive lines before any action can be taken. For this reason, the Semtexians will almost always operate in conjunction with other regiments. Relationships between the Semtexians and other Imperial Guard formations are usually very cordial, born of the fact that both realise that once battle is joined, the regiments must rely heavily upon one another.
Wargear and AppearanceEdit
- M36 Pattern Lasgun - Produced in a multitude of different styles and patterns, the Lasgun can be found in use on almost every world of the Imperium. The M36 Pattern is one of the most ubiquitous patterns of Lasgun in use by the Imperial Guard, and has long been the standard weapon issued to the troops of the Semtexian Bombadiers regiments.
- 4 Lasgun Charge Packs - Charge Packs are powerful batteries used almost exclusively by Imperial laser weapons. The cost of a Charge Pack varies depending on the class of the weapon. In all cases, it provides shots equal to the weapon's full clip value.
- Flak Armour - The most common type of armour used by Imperial Guard forces is Flak Armour, and it is standard-issue combat gear to the countless millions of Imperial Guardsmen who fight on the Emperor's behalf across the galaxy. Many layers of ablative and impact absorbent material go into making each suit, enough to deflect or negate most low-level attacks such as small arms, shrapnel, and proximity blasts. Solid hits from high impact weapons can generally negate it, but given that it is relatively lightweight, cheap to produce, and dependable in most combat situations, many veterans keep using it even when offered something better. The Sextexians further augment their Flak Armour by wearing additional chain mail on the shoulders and groin areas to protect these vital areas from shrapnel and ballistic rounds.
- Semtexian Pickelhaube Helmet - The Pickelhaube is the traditional helmet worn by Semtexian regiments (the name comes from Ancient Terra's Jermanic language, Pickel - "point" or "pickaxe," and Haube - "bonnet," a general word for headgear). The protection of this helmet is further augmented by the addition of a mail flap to protect the neck and ears.
- Respirator - A simple breathing mask that covers the nose and mouth or entire face and offers much better protection than filtration plugs.
- Semtexian Bombadiers Imperial Guard Uniform
- Combat Knife - This one-handed melee implement is the ubiquitous back-up weapon for warriors all across the Imperium, be they lowly hive scum or the elite soldiers of a Planetary Governor. Some, such as the Catachan Fighting Knife, are designed for a specific purpose, whilst others are more generic in nature.
- 2 Frag Grenades - Frag Grenades use a combustible charge and special fillers of shrapnel fragments. Imperial frag grenades are roughly the size of a clenched fist and covered with a heavily notched shell, both to increase the shrapnel produced and provide a more secure grip for throwing.
- 2 Krak Grenades - Krak Grenades are composed of powerful shaped and concentrated explosives designed to punch holes in armoured targets such as vehicles or bunkers. While stronger than Frag Grenades in explosive power, Krak detonations do not produce a blast effect and their more focused blast wave makes them less practical for use as an anti-personnel weapon.
- Poor Weather Gear
- Basic Toolkit
- Mess Kit & Water Canteen
- 2 Weeks' Rations
- Blanket & Sleep Bag
- Rechargeable Lamp-Pack - Sturdy and reliable, glow-globes illuminate many an Imperial paveway and cathedral. Most portable ones are roughly the size of a clenched fist and can shine strong, yellowish light a dozen or so metres in width, lasting roughly five hours before their power pack needs recharging or replacing.
- Grooming Kit
- Dog Tags
- Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer - A standard-issue Imperial text that covers a vast variety of topics, this book is possessed by all members of the Imperial Guard as part of their standard-issue equipment. The Primer is a basic guide that details everything a Guardsman needs to know: principles and regulations of the Imperial Guard, issued arms, attire, apparatus, and equipment, basic battlefield policy and Imperial Guard organisation and structure, elementary battlefield medical instructions, and a detailed guide on the foes of the Imperium. No Guardsman should ever be found without possession of a copy of the Uplifting Primer, for the punishment is severe.
Notable Semtexian Bombadier RegimentsEdit
- 1st Semtexian - The 1st Semtexian was raised in 941.M41 as a direct response to Ghazghkull Thraka's first invasion of the Hive World of Armageddon during the Second War for Armageddon. This was the first full regiment that had ever been raised from the thinly populated Mining World of Semtexia and the rise of their military strength was born of desperation.
- 3rd Semtexian - The 3rd Semtexian was raised in 998.M41 as a direct response to the second recorded invasion of Armageddon during the Third War for Armageddon.
Notable Semtexian BombadiersEdit
- Colonel Evarta - Colonel Evarta was a senior-ranking officer of the 3rd Semtexian Bombadiers. During the initial landings of the Third War for Armageddon, several of the regiment's transports were destroyed by the Orks as they pressed in on all sides, taking 8 full batteries of Semtexians with them, including 4 mechanised infantry companies. Upon landing on the planet, Colonel Evarta, the highest ranking officer alive in the regiment, agreed to have the Semtexians immediately broken down into individual squadrons and dispersed throughout other Imperial Guard regiments. Without the possibility of protection from their own mechanised companies, the Semtexians' artillery batteries were extremely vulnerable to Ork attacks. Once they were moved to other formations, they were guaranteed at least a measure of protection. Three more mechanised companies were sent to the Armageddon System, having been delayed by a diversion to counter Ork pirate raids on Umbridge 144 before Armageddon itself was attacked. Provided these necessary reinforcements, Colonel Evarts was able to have his remaining unit make their way through the Ork blockade relatively intact. His regiment was then fully reformed and was once again capable of providing massed artillery support that sent many Ork warbands reeling from the onslaught.