Shadows of Treachery is the twenty-second volume in the Horus Heresy series of novels and is an anthology of short stories and novellas.
Shadows of Treachery is an anthology that features short stories by Dan Abnett, Graham McNeill, and Gav Thorpe, along with two novella-length stories. From the battlefields of Phall and Istvaan, to the haunted shadows of Terra itself – the greatest war in the history of Mankind rages on. While the Traitor Legions continue their campaign of terror across the galaxy, preparations are made for the defence of the Imperial Palace and the final, inevitable reckoning that must yet come between Horus and the Emperor of Mankind. In the first novella, Crimson Fist by John French, we learn of the fate of Primarch Rogal Dorn and his Imperial Fists fleet originally sent to Istvaan III. In the second novella, Prince of Crows by Aaron Dembski-Bowden, the story descends deeper into the darkness of the Night Lords Legion.
Shadows of Treachery contains the following 5 short stories and 2 novellas:
- The Crimson Fist (Novella) by John French
- The Dark King by Graham McNeill
- The Lightning Tower by Dan Abnett
- The Kaban Project by Graham McNeill
- Raven's Flight by Gav Thorpe
- Death of a Silversmith by Graham McNeill
- Prince of Crows (Novella) by Aaron Dembski-Bowden
- Shadows of Treachery (Anthology) edited by Christian Dunn and Nick Kyme