- Sabbat Worlds Crusade (714.M41-Unknown Date.M41) - The Silver Guard was one of the Astartes Chapters that fought to liberate the Sabbat Worlds Sector from the control of the Forces of Chaos during the Sabbat Worlds Crusade that began in 741.M41. The Chapter was instrumental in achieving several key victories during the numerous hard-fought campaigns of that Crusade including the important Imperial victory on the world of Balhaut in 765.M41 which was won with the aid of a task force from the Silver Guard. With the aid of the Royal Volpone Bluebloods, Pragar 10th and the Kolstec 477th Light Support Imperial Guard regiments, the Silver Guard Chapter Master Veegum stormed the Monastery of St. Kiodrus. Captain Allentis was also a part of the strike force and led a desperate attack on the Oligarchy Gate but was stymied by Heritor Asphodel's Woe Machines. When the Hyrkan 8th Regiment broke through the enemy buttress fields, their attack was supported by Captain Allentis, the Kolstec "Hammers" and 4 Imperial Guard armoured divisions.
Notable Silver GuardEdit
- Chapter Master Veegum - Veegum is the current Chapter Master of the Silver Guard.
- Captain Allentis - Captain Allentis was the commander of one of the Silver Guard companies currently involved in the Sabbat Worlds Crusade. He is known to have played a major role in the assault on the Oligarchy Gate on the world of Balhaut, and was killed in the fighting there.
- Sergeant Eadwine - Sergeant of the Silver Guard, attached to the Imperial Guard regiment called the Tanith First and Only, along with two other Astartes from the White Scars and Iron Snakes, during the Imperial raid on Salvation's Reach.
The Silver Guard primarily wears dark purple Power Armour. Part of its battle plate is metallic silver, including the helm, the Aquila or Imperialis on the chest plate, the shoulder plate trim and arms. The white squad specialty symbol -- Tactical, Devastator, Assault or Veteran -- is located on the right shoulder plate. A black Roman numeral is stenciled in the centre of the squad specialty symbol, indicating squad number.
The Silver Guard's Chapter badge is a large white skull, surrounded by three white swords in the shape of a triangle, on a field of black.
- Adeptus Astartes: Successor Chapters (Limited Release Booklet)
- The Sabbat Worlds Crusade (Background Book), pg. 44
- Salvation's Reach (Novel) by Dan Abnett
- Blood Pact (Novel) by Dan Abnett