Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Rogal Dorn (Allegedly)
Yellow and Black
The Skull Bearers are a Loyalist Codex Astartes-compliant Space Marines Chapter of unknown Founding who believe themselves to be a Successor Chapter of the Executioners. The validity of this belief is unknown. This Chapter hails from the world of Keletros. Little is recorded about the Skull Bearers in current Imperial records.
The Skull Bearers are a Space Marine Chapter with an unknown founding, possibly the Executioners (not confirmed). Their exact Founding date is unknown.
- Imbach Genocide (Unknown Date.M41) - The Skull Bearers' 2nd Company participated in the Imbach Genocide.
- Fourth Quadrant Rebellion, Sulsalid Campaign (775-777.M41) - A full quarter of the Segmentum Solar and its outlaying systems were engulfed by a series of wars, revolts and secessionist outbreaks which set that part of the galaxy ablaze with civil strive that became known as the Fourth Quadrant Rebellion. With the civil conflicts affecting most of the systems, Renegade and xenos forces took advantage of the widespread anarchy. More than a dozen Space Marine Chapters were caught up in the fighting, either aiding one faction or another or simply defending their own territories whilst others were brought in by the Imperium to pacify the quadrant and finally put an end to the fighting. Four Astartes Chapters -- the Red Wolves, Dark Angels, the Raptors and the Skull Bearers -- were instrumental in playing an important role in bringing the rebellion within the Sulsalid Sub-sector to an end.
- Judgement of Hellenus (801.M41) - Inquisitor Hector Rex assumed direct control over the entire 279th Assault Armada of the Imperial Navy and ordered the mutant population of the world of Hellenus purged for crimes against genetic purity. At the height of this purge, a combined strike force consisting of Space Marines from the Skull Bearers, Iron Lords and Sons of Guilliman Chapters is gathered together to confront the mutant abominations holding the enemy world's capital. During this confrontation, the Iron Lords contingent becomes tainted by the mutants' hideous gene-taint, forcing their fellow Space Marines to purge them as well.
The Skull Bearers primarily wear yellow coloured Power Armour. The Aquila or Imperialis on the chest guard is black in colour. The squad specialty symbol on the left shoulder guard -- Tactical, Devastator, Assault or Veteran -- designates operational specialty. The yellow coloured Roman numeral stenciled in the centre of the squad specialty symbol designates squad number. The yellow coloured Roman numberal stenciled on the left knee guard indicates company number.
The Skull Bearers' Chapter badge is a large ebon-coloured skull centred on a field of yellow.
- Adeptus Astartes: Successor Chapters (Limited Release Booklet)
- Codex: Space Marines (7th Edition) (Digital Edition)
- Codex: Space Marines (5th Edition), pg. 30
- How to Paint Space Marines
- Imperial Armour Volume Two - Space Marines and Forces of the Inquisition, pg. 64.
- Imperial Armour Volume Two (Second Edition) - War Machines of the Adeptus Astartes, pg. 21
- Imperial Armour Volume Nine - The Badab War - Part One, pg. 100