Rogal Dorn (Allegedly)
Yellow and Black
The Skull Bearers is a Loyalist Codex Astartes-compliant Space Marines Chapter of unknown Founding which believes itself to be a Successor Chapter of the Executioners. The validity of this belief is unknown. This Chapter hails from the world of Keletros. Little is recorded about the Skull Bearers in current Imperial records.
- Imbach Genocide (Unknown Date.M41) - The Skull Bearers' 2nd Company participated in the Imbach Genocide.
- Fourth Quadrant Rebellion, Sulsalid Campaign (775-777.M41) - A full quarter of the Segmentum Solar and its outlaying systems were engulfed by a series of wars, revolts and secessionist outbreaks which set that part of the galaxy ablaze with civil strive that became known as the Fourth Quadrant Rebellion. With the civil conflicts affecting most of the systems, Renegade and xenos forces took advantage of the widespread anarchy. More than a dozen Space Marine Chapters were caught up in the fighting, either aiding one faction or another or simply defending their own territories whilst others were brought in by the Imperium to pacify the quadrant and finally put an end to the fighting. Four Astartes Chapters -- the Red Wolves, Dark Angels, the Raptors and the Skull Bearers -- were playing an important role in bringing the rebellion within the Sulsalid Sub-sector to an end.
- Judgement of Hellenus (801.M41) - Inquisitor Hector Rex assumed direct control over the entire 279th Assault Armada of the Imperial Navy and ordered the mutant population of the world of Hellenus purged for crimes against genetic purity. At the height of this purge, a combined strike force consisting of Space Marines from the Skull Bearers, Iron Lords and Sons of Guilliman Chapters was gathered together to confront the mutant abominations holding the enemy world's capital. During this confrontation, the Iron Lords contingent became tainted by the mutants' hideous gene-taint, forcing their fellow Space Marines to purge them as well.
The Skull Bearers primarily wear yellow Power Armour. The Aquila or Imperialis on the chest guard is black. The squad specialty symbol on the left shoulder guard -- Tactical, Devastator, Assault or Veteran -- designates operational specialty. A yellow Roman numeral stenciled in the centre of the squad specialty symbol designates squad number. A yellow Roman numeral stenciled on the left knee guard indicates company number.
The Skull Bearers' Chapter badge is a large ebon skull centred on a field of yellow.
- Adeptus Astartes: Successor Chapters (Limited Release Booklet)
- Codex: Space Marines (7th Edition) (Digital Edition)
- Codex: Space Marines (5th Edition), pg. 30
- How to Paint Space Marines
- Imperial Armour Volume Two - Space Marines and Forces of the Inquisition, pg. 64.
- Imperial Armour Volume Two (Second Edition) - War Machines of the Adeptus Astartes, pg. 21
- Imperial Armour Volume Nine - The Badab War - Part One, pg. 100