Numerous Ckaos Lords
Red and Brass
Warband History Edit
While the history of the Skullsworn is not fully known, they are thought to have begun when the Chaos Lord Barkor the Bloody took the Scriptures of Slaughter from the Infernal Maze. From this point onward they would go on to slaughter countless Imperial worlds. Its mortal ranks have been entirely replaced by packs of frenzied Daemons. Now, as the doom of all draws nigh, they begin their eighth incarnation, seeking to summon not a cohort, but an entire Daemon legion.
Notable Campaigns Edit
- Sworn to Glory (ca. M33) - Taking the Scriptures of Slaughter from the Infernal Maze, Chaos Lord Barkor the Bloody forges the first warband of Skullsworn. For over a standard century, he leads his followers on a violent rampage across the stars, depopulating more than a dozen worlds before he finds his ascension on the plains of Ossedor II.
- Immortality's Price (166.M40) - The Skullsworn fall upon the Hive World of Rebas. They are opposed by over one hundred regiments of Astra Militarum, each well dug in and supplied. The war that follows is horrific in its intensity and bloodshed, but after the slaughter of eighty-eight of the defenders' regiments, the eight surviving Skullsworn ascend to become Daemon Princes simultaneously. Soon enough, nothing remains on Rebas but mountains of skulls.
- Dangerous Prey (316.M41) - After fierce fighting amid the macrotemples of Skeros, the Wych Cult of Tortured Hopes capture a Chaos Lord of the Skullsworn. Bearing him back to Commorragh, the Dark Eldar throw the Daemonkin champion into their gladiatorial arena. Their sport is spoiled, however, when a Bloodthirster bursts from their captive mid-battle. The Daemonic incursion that follows is catastrophic, and results in the utter destruction of an entire sub-realm of the Dark City.
- Exultance (424.M41) - On the Imperial Shrine World of Idyll, the Skullsworn overrun the Battle-Sisters of the Order of the Bloody Rose. In doing so, they summon a mighty Daemon cohort. This is the fifth cohort they have brought forth of their chosen legion since the Horus Heresy.
- The Swallowed World (998.M41) - Gha'Kharax, Bloodthirster of Unfettered Fury, leads the Eightscarred and Skullsworn against the Imperial Fortress World of Almarit. The Daemonkin face elements of the Imperial Fists and Raven Guard, reinforced by several regiments of Tempestus Scions. The war grinds on long and bloody, but one by one the Daemonkin reconsecrate the planet's furnace-temples in bloody ceremonies of ritual sacrifice. As the last shrine falls, Almarit is dragged whole into the Warp, claimed by Khorne as a new Daemon World.
- Visions of Blood (999.M41) - Warmaster Abaddon's 13th Black Crusade bursts from the Eye of Terror and falls upon the Cadian Gate. At the same moment, all across the galaxy, Khorne's Daemonkin are stricken by bloody visions of carnage on a scale none have seen before. Compelled by their wrathful god, the Daemonkin turn as one and begin to carve a path toward the Cadian Gate. It seems likely that, while there is blood still to spill, neither side will be safe in the war to come.
- Barkor the Bloody - In the 33rd Millennium, the Chaos Lord known as Barkor the Bloody took the Scriptures of Slaughter from the Infernal Maze and forged the first warband of Khorne Daemonkin known as the Skullsworn. For over a century, he led his followers on a violent rampage across the stars, depopulating more than a dozen worlds before he found his ascension as a Daemon Prince on the plains of Ossedor II.
Warband Appearence Edit
Warband Colours Edit
The Skullsworn's power armour is painted in the traditional colours of Khorne, almost exclusively red except for a brass trim.
Warband Badge Edit
The Skullsworn's badge is a black rendition of the Mark of Khorne on a field of red.
- Codex: Khorne Daemonkin (7th Edition), pp. 32, 43-49, 124-129