|Sons of Guilliman|
Unknown (sometime in the 33rd Millennium)
Blue and White
- The Siege of Lakadamon (953.M33) - The Sons of Guilliman, alongside several Tekarn armoured regiments are besieged in the defence of the Hive World of Lakadamon by the hordes of the Ork Warboss Vorhgad Bloodfang. Despite vastly overwhelming odds, the Chapter successfully holds the planet's defence for three years until the siege is broken by the combined forces of the Night Reapers and War Bearers Chapters, fighting alongside a major taskforce from Battlefleet Tempestus to break the orbital blockade that encircles the beleaguered world.
- Cleansing of Salinas (Unknown Date.M41) - At an uncertain time in Imperial history, the Sons of Guilliman battled the Forces of Chaos on the world of Salinas. The exact nature of the Chaos forces is uncertain, but the Salinas records make mention of armoured warriors who could bend reality, and red-fleshed beasts that could swallow a man whole (these seem to bear a striking resemblance to the Unfleshed who later assaulted the capital city of Salinas). The records tell of a great battle near the city of Khaturian, where the Sons of Guilliman's force was completely wiped out. Later, a force of other Astartes described as, "giants in silver armour who smote the vile foe with lightning and faith," (presumably Grey Knights) came to the world and, after cleansing it, took the remains of the lost Sons of Guilliman back to their Chapter. However, 19 fallen warriors, along with their Power Armour, were buried under a collapsed building, and their bodies were only uncovered decades later. It should be noted that one such suit was worn briefly by Uriel Ventris of the Ultramarines. After restoring one of the Mk VI suits to full functionality, Captain Ventris wore this suit to combat the Unfleshed. All of the suits were eventually returned to the Sons of Guilliman, with Ventris' suit declared a Chapter relic.
- Judgement of Hellenus (801.M41) - Inquisitor Hector Rex assumes direct control over the entire 279th Assault Armada of the Imperial Navy and orders the mutant population of Hellenus purged for crimes against genetic purity. At the height of this purge, a combined strike force consisting of Space Marines form the Sons of Guilliman, the Iron Lords and the Skull Bearers Chapters is gathered together to confront the mutant abominations holding the enemy capital. During this confrontation, the Iron Lords contingent becomes tainted by the mutants' hideous gene-taint, forcing their fellow Space Marines to purge them as well.
- Third War for Armageddon (999.M41) - The Sons of Guilliman participated in the Third War for Armageddon, committing 6 companies to the conflict against the massive Ork WAAAGH! of Ghazghkull Thraka.
Chapter Combat Doctrine
The Chapter's order of battle is organised around the tenets of the Codex Astartes.
Notable Sons of Guilliman
- Adharon (Excommunicate Traitoris) - A former Space Marine Captain of the Sons of Guilliman Chapter, Adharon was corrupted by Chaos and gathered a warband of like-minded corrupted Astartes around himself from his former company, known as Adharon's Reavers, to raid and pillage the commerce of the Imperium of Man in the name of the Dark Gods. The Siege of Vraks represented the first time that Adharon's Reavers had operated in concert with other Chaos Space Marine forces.
- Constantinius the Liberator (Excommunicate Traitoris) - Constantinius the Liberator was a former squad Sergeant of the Sons of Guilliman who turned to Chaos. Formerly a Sergeant in the Chapter's Fourth Company, Constantinius was part of a force left behind to cleanse the planet of Nova Terra of any remaining xenos contamination after a Tyranid attack on the planet. After discovering and destroying a Genestealer infestation amongst the planet's nobility, Constantinus was forced to put down a rebellion by the planet's population, who were enraged by their nobility's summary execution. Once the carnage had ended, Constantinius appeared before the crowd and announced the Emperor and his minions had turned him into such a monster, and Constantinus vowed to lead the people of Nova Terra to freedom. Constantinus and his followers started a bloody rebellion against the Imperium of Man, setting himself up as the planet's ruler after overthrowing the Imperial governor and renaming the world Constantinium. After amassing a sizeable army of renegades, traitors and Chaos Space Marines, Constantinius and his forces rampaged into neighbouring systems, initiating a war that lasted for thirteen years and ravaged the entire sector until a sizeable Imperial force (including three Space Marine Chapters, twelve regiments of the Imperial Guard and agents of the Ordo Hereticus) were mustered to drive his armies back. Even then, the war only ended with Constantinius's death at the hands of an agent of the Officio Assassinorum.
The Sons of Guilliman wear quartered, alternating blue and white Power Armour. The Chapter has been shown with both red and yellow Aquilas. The Insignium Astartes states that the Chapter denotes its companies by the colour of the left knee plate and the shoulder plate trim. The right shoulder is blank and is used to display collected company awards, purity seals and the like.
The Chapter badge is a blue coloured inverted Greek letter Omega, imposed over a white roundel which has two white wings (displayed and inverted) protruding from each side of it, centred on a field of blue.
- Codex: Armageddon (3rd Edition), pg. 30
- Codex: Chaos Space Marines (4th Edition), pp. 18-19
- Imperial Armour Volume Two, Second Edition - War Machines of the Adeptus Astartes, pp. 17, 21
- Imperial Armour Volume Seven - The Siege of Vraks - Part Three, pp. 140, 172
- Insignium Astartes, pg. 63
- The Killing Ground (Novel) by Graham McNeill