The Storm Callers is a Loyalist Space Marine Chapter of unknown origin and Founding. Nothing else is currently known about them in Imperial records other than that portions of the Chapter were corrupted by Chaos during the Storm Callers' advance into the Taninim Expanse, a civil war was fought within the ranks of the Chapter and the Loyalists emerged triumphant, purging the Traitors from their midst.
- The Taninim Crusades (678.M37-714.M37) - Following the aftermath of the Occlusiad War, the Imperium focused its attention on regaining control of several regions lost to the Emperor's rule along the northwestern fringe of the galaxy. No less than 11 Crusading Chapters of Space Marines were sent into the vast, alien-haunted realm of the Taninim Expanse in order to identify, target and destroy any emerging threats to the Imperium that might be found there. Some of the Chapters sent into the Expanse never returned, while one, the Storm Callers, infamously became corrupted by Chaos and fell into civil war within its own ranks. Eventually, the Loyalist elements of the Storm Callers were able to purge the corruption from within their ranks.
The Storm Callers wear a unique colour pattern for their Power Armour. Portions of it are black, including the helmet, the shoulder plates, arms and upper torso. The power pack, shoulder plate trim, belt, groin and legs are red. The squad specialty symbol -- Tactical, Devastator, Assault or Veteran -- is inscribed on the right shoulder plate. A black Roman numeral is stenciled in the centre of the squad specialty symbol, designating squad number. The colour of the Aquila or Imperialis on the chest plate, indicates company number in accordance with the Codex Astartes -- i.e. White (1st Company), Yellow (2nd Company), Red (3rd Company), Green (4th Company), etc.
The Storm Callers' Chapter badge is a large yellow lightning bolt on a field of black.
- Adeptus Astartes: Successor Chapters (Limited Release Booklet)
- Index Astartes: Emperor's Shield, pg. 55
- Insignium Astartes, pg. 55
- Imperial Armour Volume Nine - The Badab War - Part One, pg. 57