Second Founding (31st Millennium)
Red, White, Yellow & Black
The Storm Lords were Founded during the Second Founding in the wake of the tragic events of the Horus Heresy in the early 31st Millennium. Their gene-seed was derived from the gene-stocks of the White Scars, who famously defended the Imperial Palace during the Battle of Terra in the closing days of the Horus Heresy. Since those bygone days, the Storm Lords have amassed a long list of battle honours, serving the Divine Emperor for over ten millennia.
- The Retaking of Rynn's World (Late 990.M41) - The Storm Lords participated in the effort, alongside units from 5 other Space Marine Chapters and elements of the Imperial Guard and the Imperial Navy, to free the Crimson Fists Chapter's homeworld of Rynn's World from the Orks of WAAAGH! Snagrod 18 months after the Orks overran that Agri-World in the Loki Sector.
- Third War for Armageddon (998.M41) - The Storm Lords committed two Brotherhoods of Space Marines to the defence of the Segmentum Solar Hive World of Armageddon where they fought alongside the Salamanders Chapter and their own genetic forebears, the White Scars to free that world from the grip of the Orks of WAAAGH! Ghazghkull.
There is conflicting information in Imperial records as to the Chapter's organisation: some sources claim it is a fully Codex Astartes-compliant Chapter with the helmet being painted in the company color, while sources claim it follows the White Scars' atypical division into "Brotherhoods" rather than companies in which case the Chapter's helmet colours are an unknown quantity. The truth of the Storm Lords Chapter organisation remains unrevealed, though the Chapter is known to have some preference for the use of fast-moving vehicles like Assault Bikes and Land Speeders, just like the White Scars.
The Storm Lords Power Armor is painted in a halved colour scheme; the right side is entirely red whilst the left side is white. The helmet is yellow in colour while the backpack and Aquila is primarily black.
The Chapter's badge is a skull superimposed over three lightning bolts, the traditional tribal markings of their forebears' nomadic tribes on the White Scars' Chapter homeworld of Mundus Planus.
- Codex: Space Marines (3rd Edition), p. 47
- Codex: Armageddon (3rd Edition), p. 18
- Codex: Space Marines (5th Edition)