A Termagant serves as the standard infantry unit of any Tyranid swarm. Speed, agility and survival are the main characteristics of the Termagant bioform (Gauntii virago). These small xenos warriors carry the dreaded Fleshborer Biomorph. While not very effective in combat in a small group, they are most powerful when swarming in large broods across a target planet once the Great Devourer's invasion reaches its high tide. The desperate need to survive makes them a menace even if their synaptic control with the Tyranid Hive Mind is broken, as they run to cover and will lurk waiting to kill what ever threatens their hiding spot.
- Fleshborer - The Fleshborer is a compact brood nest for sharp-fanged Borer Beetles. When fired the tick-shaped Borer Beetles are flung at the enemy in which they spend the rest of their frenzied existence burrowing through armour, flesh and bone.
- Spike Rifle - This weapon is a bony muscle-lined tube that hurls sharp bony harpoons at the enemy. The harpoons from the Spike Rifle can be launched a considerable range while allowing for enough impact to cause damage. Even if an enemy is not killed outright from a spike it will usually cause them to bleed to death as the sharp barbed head is removed.
- Devourer - The Devourer fires a clump of rotting flesh covered in worm-like parasites that are activated by a bio-electric jolt that hurls a shower of them at the enemy. Upon contact with the foe, the worms immediately start to burrow into the victim's flesh, causing unbearable pain as they rapidly destroy the host's central nervous system, resulting in a painful but rapid death.
- Strangleweb - This composite symbiote creature fires a sticky mesh of webbing that ensnares a victim. The web then quickly hardens to stop the target from breathing and cuts into the flesh as they struggle to free themselves. Those not crushed to death are usually left immobile for a time and are completely at the mercy of other Tyranid organisms.
Ordo Xenos Departmento Analyticus Technical InformationEdit
|Common Title||Critters, Hunter-Slayers|
|Species Name||Gauntii virago|
|Average Height||1.3 metres|
|Average Weight||0.2 tonnes|
- Codex: Tyranids (4th Edition)
- Codex: Tyranids (5th Edition), p. 39
- Imperial Armour Volume Four - The Anphelion Project