Tyranid Biomorphs are essentially biomechanical devices and genetic mutations of the Tyranid genome that provide another way to attack a foe beyond the Tyranid's natural weapons of teeth and claws or that alter an aspect of a Tyranid bioform that may improve its speed, durability, or any other physical trait.
The most common Tyranid Biomorphs include:
- Acid Maw
- Adrenal Glands - An Adrenal Gland is a Tyranid Biomorph that is commonly developed in the frontline creatures of a Tyranid swarm. Adrenal Glands massively increase the production of adrenaline within a Tyranid bioform, and also saturate their host's bloodstream with other chemicals that boost the creature's metabolism to a hyperactive state of frenzy. This allows the organism to move more swiftly and attack with greater strength. The most common Tyranid bioforms found with Adrenal Glands are Hive Tyrants, Tervigons, Tyranid Primes, Tyranid Warriors, Genestealers, Termagants, Hormagaunts, Rippers, Sky Slasher Rippers, Tyranid Shrikes, Gargoyles, Harpies, Carnifexes, Trygons, Mawlocs and Tyrannofexes.
- Bio-plasma - Bio-plasma is a potent close-ranged Tyranid Biomorph -- often engineered by the Hive Mind into Tyranid Carnifexes -- that is capable of unleashing a potent short-ranged attack upon their foes. With this Biomorph, a Tyranid organism gains the ability to internally energise a form of organically-created plasma that can be vomited forth as a burning and blinding ball of incandescent green energy. Each ball of plasma has the equivalent force to a blast from an Imperial Plasma Cannon, but can only be hurled a short distance. Bio-plasma is formed from a highly corrosive exothermic chemical that releases massive amounts of heat once it is released from the Bio-plasma organ within the Tyranid bioform. Shortly before the plasma is launched, the bioform will usually let out loud screams as the projectile makes its way from its belly through the creature and out its gaping maw. This high-pitched scream is often the last thing the Carnifex's prey ever hears. Massive Bio-plasma-emitting spines can also be found on Tyranid bio-ships. These spines emit gargantuan balls of Bio-plasma that can devastate enemy voidcraft. Bio-plasma spines serve as effective short-range weapons batteries in void combat for Tyranid bio-ships.
- Bonded Exoskeleton - A Bonded Exoskeleton is a Tyranid Biomorph that increases the defensive potential of the minions of the Great Devourer. Only found on larger Tyranid organisms, a Bonded Exoskeleton is formed when every bone-like plate and chitinous segment of a bioform's exoskeleton is grown and fused together to form a tough and virtually inpenetrable sheathing which offers a similar level of protection to the ceramite used by Imperial Space Marines in their Power Armour. The most common Tyranid bioforms evolved to have Bonded Exoskeletons are Hive Tyrants, Tyrant Guard, Tervigons, Tyranid Primes, Carnifexes, Trygons and Mawlocs.
- Enhanced Senses
- Extended Carpace
- Feeder Tendrils
- Flesh Hooks
- Implant Attack
- Mace Tail
- Reinforced Chitin
- Scythe Tail
- Spine Bank
- Symbiote Rippers
- Toxic Manisma
- Toxin Sacs
- Bone Sword
- Lash Whip
- Codex: Tyranids (4th Edition)
- Codex: Tyranids (5th Edition), pp. 46, 83-84, 86-95
- Warhammer 40,000 Rulebook (6th Edition), pp. 216-217
- This article is a stub. You can help the Warhammer 40k Wiki by fixing it.