The Vendetta is a heavy gunship of the Imperial Navy and is a variant of the Valkyrie airborne assault carrier primarily used as a tank-buster. The Vendetta is a Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL) aircraft and is primarily used as a transport for airborne combat regiments such as Imperial Storm Trooper Squads and soldiers of the Elysian Drop Troops Regiment. The Vendetta's armament is designed to effectively combat enemy armoured units. The Vendetta is also used as heavy air support for Imperial ground forces, as the aircraft is capable of staying on-station once its troops have been dropped to provide heavy air support against enemy armour.
The Vendetta is heavily armed with anti-armour weapons, including two sets of Twin-linked Lascannons on its wings and one set of Twin-linked Lascannons located near the cockpit. The aircraft also possesses two door-mounted Heavy Bolters to be used for covering fire when dropping off its precious cargo of Imperial troops. The Vendetta can replace the wing-mounted Twin-linked Lascannons for two Hellfury Missiles. The aircraft can also be equipped with two sponson-mounted Heavy Bolters for added firepower. The Vendetta can be enhanced with ejector seats, extra armour for the cockpit, flare or chaff launchers, infra-red targeting systems, and illumination flares. Despite the impressive firepower of the Vendetta, it lacks the flexibility of the Vulture Gunship, which is often chosen over the Vendetta for deep-range attacks and urban assault missions.
Known Users of the VendettaEdit
- Imperial Navy - All aircraft in the Imperium fall under the jurisdiction of the Imperial Navy, but are provided to the Imperial Guard on an as-needed basis. All Vendettas are flown by experienced Imperial Navy pilots and crews.
- Imperial Guard - The Imperial Guard are the main users of the Vendetta. The Imperial Navy provides Vendettas to Guard regiments when they are needed.
Adeptus Mechanicus Technical SpecificationsEdit
|Type||Heavy Assault Gunship||Operational Ceiling||13,000 Metres|
|Vehicle Name||Vendetta||Max Speed||1100 kilometres per hour|
|Forge World of Origin||Mars, Voss, Artemia, Estaban VII||Range||2000 kilometres in-atmosphere|
|Known Patterns||Unknown||Main Armament||1 Hull-Mounted Twin-linked Lascannons, 2 Wing-mounted Twin-linked Lascannons|
|Crew||1 Pilot, 1 Navigator, 2 Door Gunners||Secondary Armament||2 Door-mounted Heavy Bolters|
|Powerplant||2 F75-MV Afterburning Vector-Turbofans||Main Ammunition||Unknown|
|Weight||13.0 Tonnes Empty||Secondary Ammunition||1000 Rounds|
|Wingspan||16.9 Metres||Superstructure||75 millimetres|
|Height||4.8 Metres||Hull||75 millimetres|
- Codex: Imperial Guard (5th Edition), pg. 56, 101
- Imperial Armour Apocalypse II, pg. 24
- Imperial Armour Volume One - Imperial Guard (Second Edition), pg. 260
- Death From the Skies (6th Edition), pp. 58, 69