- The Siege of Lakadamon (953.M33) - The Sons of Guilliman, alongside several Tekarn armoured regiments were besieged in the defence of the Hive World of Lakadamon by the hordes of the Ork Warboss Vorhgad Bloodfang. Despite vastly overwhelming odds, the Chapter successfully held the planet's defence for three years until the siege was broken by the combined forces of the War Bearers and the Night Reapers Chapters, fighting alongside a major taskforce from Battlefleet Tempestus to break the orbital blockade that encircled the beleaguered world.
- Second Abonian Genocide (688-698.M40) - Inquisitor Halan Jentz of the Ordo Hereticus declared the entire population of the Abonian sub-sector diabolos inculcatus and gathered together an Imperial Crusade army that included elements of the War Bearers, Red Hunters and Subjugators Chapters, as well as the Order of the Blue Robe and the Order of the Black Sepulchre of the Adepta Sororitas. The Crusade raged for a decade before the Inquisitor declared the sub-sector's crimes accounted for.
The War Bearers wear olive-drab Power Armour. The Aquila or Imperialis on the chest is silver. The white squad specialty symbol -- Tactical, Assault, Devastator or Veteran -- is indicated on the right shoulder plate. A black Roman numeral centred on the squad specialty symbol indicates squad number. The colour of the helm stripe indicates company number in accordance with the Codex -- i.e. White (1st Company), Yellow (2nd Company), Red (3rd Company), etc.
The War Bearers' Chapter badge is a pair of ebon, single-edged, crossed battle-axes centred on a field of olive drab.
- Adeptus Astartes: Successor Chapters (Limited Release Booklet) (7th Edition)
- Imperial Armour Volume Two - Space Marines and Forces of the Inquisition, pg. 65
- Imperial Armour Volume Two, Second Edition - War Machines of the Adeptus Astartes, pp. 17, 19
- Insignium Astartes, pg. 56